What's new

Does an outdoor kitchen count??

BadgeBunny

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And if it does, give me some ideas guys. We have FINALLY started remodeling the house. One of the things on the "to do" list is enclose -- or at the very least cover -- the patio and put in an outdoor kitchen. But ... I dunno what I need ... Give me some ideas. Pics would be nice but not mandatory.

Here's what's floating back and forth between the back of my skull and the one working brain cells I have left:

Dedicated place for my BGE. A spot for the canner. Some kind of pizza/bread oven kinda dealie. Maybe a sink and a little counter space to use to get shit ready to can?? Hell I dunno ...

What's a girl who's really not that good of a cook do??

And if it does, give me some ideas guys. We have FINALLY started remodeling the house. One of the things on the "to do" list is enclose -- or at the very least cover -- the patio and put in an outdoor kitchen. But ... I dunno what I need ... Give me some ideas. Pics would be nice but not mandatory.

Here's what's floating back and forth between the back of my skull and the one working brain cells I have left:

Dedicated place for my BGE. A spot for the canner. Some kind of pizza/bread oven kinda dealie. Maybe a sink and a little counter space to use to get shit ready to can?? Hell I dunno ...

What's a girl who's really not that good of a cook do??

Starting by asking a man (or many men in this case) for advice is definitely the right place to start.

Starting by asking a man (or many men in this case) for advice is definitely the right place to start.

Haha! There's a method to my madness. I'll know what NOT to do! 😉🤣🤣 Actually, my contractor has my utmost trust. He and his son-in-law are straight up good people. I tell them all they time they will only screw me once. Unless I like it and then they can screw me until I am so broke I have to go back to work. 😉🤣🤣

Seriously, the first thing is to figure out exactly where you want it and how you want it oriented. Been there done that....recommend laying out 2x4s and or pallets or similar to replicate what you want from an over head perspective. Like a model or rehearsal. Then mark it. Nothing like setting up your outdoor cooking bar/pergola and realize your view is gone or you can't move anything to or from the porch or somewhere else. Paper plans don't show you how you might screw yourself.

Seriously, the first thing is to figure out exactly where you want it and how you want it oriented. Been there done that....recommend laying out 2x4s and or pallets or similar to replicate what you want from an over head perspective. Like a model or rehearsal. Then mark it. Nothing like setting up your outdoor cooking bar/pergola and realize your view is gone or you can't move anything to or from the porch or somewhere else. Paper plans don't show you how you might screw yourself.

Oh man ... THAT is a good idea! Thanks!! The contractor was here this morning. I have a whole list of things I gave him, in order of importance, and he's moved a few things around (and explained why). Obviously the patio is kinda down lower on the list so I have some time to ponder it.

In the meantime, though, we are getting a new sewer line (along with the rest of the addition. Seems EVERYONE over here is having problems with their sewer lines.) and a Generac. Man, it will be SO nice not to have to worry about the power going out -- which happens in this area at least once a year. And every couple, three years it's out for a couple of weeks. I'm getting too old for that shit. It's a gigantic clusterfuck when that happens.