What's new

Official Wait Time Thread?

forindooruseonly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Glad to see an NFA section. I'll start a wait time thread since I've got stuff pending. Will update when I get notification.

Paper Form 5, recieved by the ATF on 12/28/23, ATF asked for clarification on item on 1/5/24.

I am itching for a .308 can. I'm glad to see we a wait time thread to convince me otherwise. LOL

Been waiting a long time to say this

Filed evening of 3/15, mailed prints 3/16, approved morning of 3/26.
Individual, e-file, mailed in physical print sheets.
Form 4 SBS.

Any ideas on the drastic reduction in wait times? It seems odd to me.

Curious, does any of the paperwork required for a can give the ATF any special rights to inspect? Could they knock on your door and say show it to me?

Submitted 3/27/24
Approved 4/1/2024
EFile

Curious, does any of the paperwork required for a can give the ATF any special rights to inspect? Could they knock on your door and say show it to me?
I recently watched a video by a lawyer (self proclaimed) discussing several misconceptions about NFA law. One he brought up is about what you are asking. His opinion was that the ATF cannot just show up at your front door asking you to produce any or all of your stamped items. They cannot enter your residence to look for said items unless they have obtained a search warrant from a judge which would require a justifiable reason. That said, anyone can claim to be a lawyer on utube so take the free advice for what it's worth. I honestly don't know how anybody can get a for sure no doubt answer on NFA law. Ask three different ATF agents about it and you'll probably get 3 different answers.

Well fuck all you guys boasting about the short wait times for approval. It pissed me off so much I ran to town today to buy another can. :mad: Didn't really need another one, but this keeps me from having to move an existing one from one gun to another. (Yes that's pretty damn lazy) While I was there a DD PDW in 300BO caught my eye. You som bitches may cost me another couple $K. I hope y'all are happy with yourselves. Kiss my ass. If I do get approval in a week or so I may find it in my heart to forgive you.

You guys are forgiven. My approval came in today. 5 days WOW. It is real. :love:

Mine was submitted on 3/16... Still waiting. I usually get further review on my 4473s so I wouldn't be surprised if mine takes forever.

They're looking for 2 more for me.

My financial guy is going to want a word with a couple of you fuckers.