What's new

Optics Question

OR, it’s not the one that @JEVapa will recommend you buy. Though I may eventually start a second account just to recommend bear creek and vortex to everyone.

OR, it’s not the one that @JEVapa will recommend you buy. Though I may eventually start a second account just to recommend bear creek and vortex to everyone.
But Bear Creeks are rifle just as good as everyone else. Made I’d NC and is on par with accuracy with JP. I wouldn’t knock vortex to much. Some of there lines killer glass.

This was a good video that came across my feed today. Kind of reiterates some of the other comments. I’m certainly not above snagging an older optic if it’s feature suite fits what I want to put it on.

What is a budget optic. NO youtube videos. IN your words. What is a budget OPTIC. Price ranges, features, glass quality, Brand name, warranty.

0-500 / budget?
501-1000 / mid?
1001- plus / high end?

I know what I spend on optics. I just want to hear your thoughts.

how much do you spend on your optic?
I’ll expound later but a “budget” optic is relative to your budget. For some it might be $200. For others it might be $1500. It’s completely relative to your thought process and $$ flow..

Figure your requirements, then your actual budget. Experience plays here.

I’ll post up some “brands” maybe and my personal input, but if “budget” includes being relatively cheap, all the way to mid level+, I’d stick with these guidelines:

Anything pre2022 Leupold
Anything US - made in US
Anything Japanese - made in Japan
Anything Meopta (Czech-the Japanese of Europe) - made in Europe
Nothing smaller than 30mm tubes

Lots of good scopes on ebay if you know what to look for.

Cheap is cheap. Cheap isn’t Frugal. There’s no benefit to being Cheap. Frugal or being a good steward of your money is not being cheap. They aren’t the same.

I beg to differ!! There are HUGE advantages to being cheap! If you throw easy in on top, even more doors open!!!!

I beg to differ!! There are HUGE advantages to being cheap! If you throw easy in on top, even more doors open!!!!
You don’t want to go all the way to free, they get suspicious.

Mel Gibson went all the way to free and they tore his guts out! Should have stopped at easy!!!!