What's new

Packing for a day of shooting sucks

JCann

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shooting mat, spotting scope, tripod, chronograph, range finder, Krestel, target stand, targets, staple gun, steel, data books, tools, three rifles, two handguns, magazines, ammo, ear pro, camelbak, lunch, and two-way radios. This is just my crap. Don’t know what my shooting buddy is bringing.Am I forgetting anything?

What ever happened to the days of a 22 single shot and a couple hundred rounds of ammo and your mom saying, dinner will be ready at 5:30, be careful.

Same here. I'm triple checking as I will always leave something behind.

I'll be firing 40 rounds total and might take until after lunch

Same here. I'm triple checking as I will always leave something behind.

I'll be firing 40 rounds total and might take until after lunch
Im sure I’ll forget something. I’ve got extra batteries for everything except my range finder

Good thing i live rural, i just step out the back door.

Got a few neighbors, so for long range rifle sight in i go to my sister's place, no neighbors for several miles north of her.

Plus i can set on the front porch and use the railing for bench/support, and drink hot black ☕.

Im sure I’ll forget something. I’ve got extra batteries for everything except my range finder
I forgot my bore guide, but I managed. Still pissed I forgot it

Imagine all that then you drive to the range only to find out that's where the cattle have decided to hang out for the day. :mad:
With price of beef being what it is today, that'd be cool if a cow didn't have tag or brand on it.

Well since it's not my land or my beef, I'm going to have to take a hard pass on harvesting hamburger.

I miss being able to drive to the national forest and mag dump into trash and abandoned cars.

I miss being able to drive to the national forest and mag dump into trash and abandoned cars.
Just look for a dead end county road that’s not paved. Typically plenty of trash, appliances, and old tires that is just asking for a mag dump or two.

That's how I grew up. Was an old abandoned bridge out by Seward we used to shoot from often.