What's new

Pin cleaning brass maybe ultra sonic?

Kwaynem

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Which process do you all use cleaning brass? I had a ultra sonic cleaner and it got used more for cleaning small engine carburetor than brass I hate the carbon on the neck of cases I currently use corn cob media

Steel pins and Harbor freight dual drum tumbler.

I use a Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler with SS pins. I had a buddy who used a rock tumbler with pins.
I can’t find this magical “lemishine” or whatever TF it is but I do use a little dish soap and Yellow or regular Windex. Rinse well and dry.

I use a Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler with SS pins. I had a buddy who used a rock tumbler with pins.
I can’t find this magical “lemishine” or whatever TF it is but I do use a little dish soap and Yellow or regular Windex. Rinse well and dry.
I haven’t ever been able to find lemishine either

Sonic, dehydrator and tumble in corn with Dillon if I want it shiny.

I usually wipe my precision stuff off with a rag and alcohol and work it. Most of it never gets cleaned outside of neck wipe down above. Wipe case lube off with a paper towel. I like a a little carbon in the neck (inside)

I had a SS pin tumbler a few years ago and it all but ruined a lot of Federal necks. Ran it for an hour or so at the most. I'm thinking it work hardened the necks. Annealing would have fixed that I think. I never could get a consistent neck tension after using it

I usually wipe my precision stuff off with a rag and alcohol and work it. Most of it never gets cleaned outside of neck wipe down above. Wipe case lube off with a paper towel. I like a a little carbon in the neck (inside)

I had a SS pin tumbler a few years ago and it all but ruined a lot of Federal necks. Ran it for an hour or so at the most. I'm thinking it work hardened the necks. Annealing would have fixed that I think. I never could get a consistent neck tension after using it
Think I’m going to find another sonic cleaner

Think I’m going to find another sonic cleaner
I pop my primers first before I put them in the sonic cleaner. Most of the lead residue is in the primers. Plus it cleans the pockets

Never heard of that

You can get pins for $8-$12 per pound all over the net. Cabelas/BP usually has FA pins for like $12 per pound or something like that.

FWIW I felt like corn cob tumbling was the least work. Shiny brass from wet pin tumbling is fun but has no practical advantage.
Problem was my tumbler was so noisy that I had to run it in the garage, covered with a cardboard box.

My corn tumbler is noisy enough