What's new

Smith and Wesson Ultimate Carry

HoLeChit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I don’t know who is in charge of the new smith and Wesson naming scheme, but I’m not impressed with their work so far.

I am, however, impressed with this new J Frame. I don’t know that I NEED one, but I’ve definitely been considering completing my revolver collection with one.

16oz, 38spl or 32h&r mag, no lock, interchangeable front and rear sights, various tweaks and upgrades, MSRP of $700ish? As long as the street price comes down quite a bit I figure it’s a solid deal.

IMG_4045.jpeg

I don’t know who is in charge of the new smith and Wesson naming scheme, but I’m not impressed with their work so far.

I am, however, impressed with this new J Frame. I don’t know that I NEED one, but I’ve definitely been considering completing my revolver collection with one.

16oz, 38spl or 32h&r mag, no lock, interchangeable front and rear sights, various tweaks and upgrades, MSRP of $700ish? As long as the street price comes down quite a bit I figure it’s a solid deal.

View attachment 2821

I’m seriously considering getting the .32 one. I always felt like j frames should be 6 shot so that’s why I’d choose that over the 5 shot 38.

I'd be interested in the .32. Six shots in a J frame and I'm partial to .32s already.

Last count I have 8 j frames. They seem to keep turning up in the safe. 😎
I’ve carried one for over 50 years off and on. I gave a 3” I carry sometimes on the farm in a holster Melvin Tyler made for me. That rig and a model 34 hacve gone a lot of miles with me.
ive heard many complain that people push women into j frames. The number of times I have taken women to shoot is astounding. They do like indoor ranges better FWIW,
Ive given them mini 9s and mini 45s (Shields) to shoot, full size k frames and j frames, Glock 19s, etc. as broad an experience as possible in a short time, 80% pick the J frame in 38 Sp to buy and carry. My wife varies between a Seecamp 32 and a custom 642 as her carry.
She’ll no doubt endup with a j frame in 32 if she sees one n one of our infrequent shopping trips together.

Most men/husbands/boyfriends don't have a clue how to recommend or help a woman find a proper gun that fits her hand.
I just threw guns at my wife and rented everything we could find in 9mm until we found what she liked. She hated j frames and all that. Ended up with a hellcat, and she enjoys shooting my 19x and 48 quite a bit when we go. She also asked to shoot my XDM in 10mm before I sold it. Funny, her hands are literally half the size of mine, her ring doesn’t go much further than the first knuckle of my pinky, but she can shoot a full size better than you would think.

Daggon I love the grips on these... might finally make me buy one.

Daggon I love the grips on these... might finally make me buy one.
Same, if I remember right I was talking with a guy from commieland the other day and he said that he wanted to buy the grips, but I guess for now VZ isn’t selling them unless you buy them with the revolver.

I just threw guns at my wife and rented everything we could find in 9mm until we found what she liked. She hated j frames and all that. Ended up with a hellcat, and she enjoys shooting my 19x and 48 quite a bit when we go. She also asked to shoot my XDM in 10mm before I sold it. Funny, her hands are literally half the size of mine, her ring doesn’t go much further than the first knuckle of my pinky, but she can shoot a full size better than you would think.
I’ve been astonished at how well women hit with various handguns. I’ve seen some flinch with a 22, them move on to shoot a full size 1911 well a few hours later. If you haven’t participated at a NRA Women on Target, I highly recommend you do. Women can be as competitive as men in doing new things, and honestly kick a Man’s ass with a handgun or rifle if they get enthusiastic about It. 😎

I’ve been astonished at how well women hit with various handguns. I’ve seen some flinch with a 22, them move on to shoot a full size 1911 well a few hours later. If you haven’t participated at a NRA Women on Target, I highly recommend you do. Women can be as competitive as men in doing new things, and honestly kick a Man’s ass with a handgun or rifle if they get enthusiastic about It. 😎
I love seeing a woman get all excited about guns, ya know what I mean??🥴🥴🥴

Good old NRA classes... The best training ideas and methods the 70s has to offer. Coming from a former VERY long-time NRA police and civilian instructor.

Good old NRA classes... The best training ideas and methods the 70s has to offer. Coming from a former VERY long-time NRA police and civilian instructor.
That’s right. These millennials don’t know how good they have it still getting to learn from those classes. Unnapreciative twerps.