What's new

.360 Buckhammer Thread

Gotcha! One time they sent me a case of what was supposed to be 124 grain 9mm. Over 2/3rds was actually 38 Super hollow point....all in the 9mm boxes. Sometimes ya gotta wonder! I have had batches of 6.8 with different primers as well. It all shot ok, but it was surprising. It does seem to happen more with low demand small batches.

Gotcha! One time they sent me a case of what was supposed to be 124 grain 9mm. Over 2/3rds was actually 38 Super hollow point....all in the 9mm boxes. Sometimes ya gotta wonder! I have had batches of 6.8 with different primers as well. It all shot ok, but it was surprising. It does seem to happen more with low demand small batches.
I have to wonder if Federal maybe got the leftover stuff? Remington Partnered with Henry on this round. That said, I don't know who owns what on the components.

I fired 50 on Sunday and have since cleaned and prepped them aside from a FL sizing and trim. Weight on the brass is good, OAL is consistent, primer pockets tight and looks like good Federal Brass. This was my end goal on buying factory ammo anyway.

I'm pretty sure that Vistaoutdoor runs Remington as well. So Federal, CCI/Speer, and Remington. Now with that in mind you can see why you get different primers occationally

Never heard of this caliber until now. Interesting but I'm gonna be saving up for a Q Fix in 8.6 blackout. That 💩 looks nasty. Or maybe one of those .300 buckfuckers lol

First handloads are in the bag with this caliber. I ran out of room and could not control my OAL with Hodgdon's max of 37.5 grains. Dropped down to 36.9 and everything kind of jived. I think this may be max capacity for Federal Brass.

As you can see, the crimp ring on these Speer Bullets isn't super consistent. These all measure 1.885" off the O-Give too.
1714072831089.png

Stubby little shits eh?
1714072854768.png

Have to give RCBS a plug here.

The seating plug that comes with the .360 Buckhammer dies is flat and seats off the nose. Not the end of the world, but I'd rather seat off the O-Give. Emailed RCBS last week asking if I could buy one for the 35 Remington or one that would work. Received an email this morning saying they were sending one from the 350 legend. Wouldn't let me pay either. (y)

I guess we now know why the OAL of factory ammo is all over the place.

Could be. You can tell my Federal was seated with a flat plug.

Got my custom Possum Hollow bore guide for the .360 yesterday. Eric did a pretty decent job on it. Could have been a little thinner, but it works and kept all the crud out of the receiver.

Last edited:
Yep, that was my point. Seated with a flat ram! The bore guide sounds kinda cool!

New stem should be here today. I may pull these factory rounds out 6-7 thou and reseat then to a more consistent OAL