What's new

About That Beretta...

OK Corgi Rancher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Beautiful gun. Fit and finish, as you would expect from Beretta, is immaculate. Loaded with nifty features, lightweight, decent capacity. But...

Why in the actual fuck would Beretta include a QD sling mount up front but not on the rear of the gun? Why is there no manual included with the gun? You can order a printed copy for free but it'll cost you $7 to have it mailed. The website is a masterpiece of non-functionality. It's truly stunning how difficult it is to navigate. This is 2024 and you can't download a PDF of a manual? Most of the pages on the site either don't work or redirect to never-never land. The trigger feels like it's full of sand. I'd clean it if I were sure how to disassemble it. I completed the online warranty registration. Beretta emailed me a 'Warranty Certificate' that won't download or even display. Un-fuckin-believable. I expected a lot more from Beretta.

Beautiful gun. Fit and finish, as you would expect from Beretta, is immaculate. Loaded with nifty features, lightweight, decent capacity. But...

Why in the actual fuck would Beretta include a QD sling mount up front but not on the rear of the gun? Why is there no manual included with the gun? You can order a printed copy for free but it'll cost you $7 to have it mailed. The website is a masterpiece of non-functionality. It's truly stunning how difficult it is to navigate. This is 2024 and you can't download a PDF of a manual? Most of the pages on the site either don't work or redirect to never-never land. The trigger feels like it's full of sand. I'd clean it if I were sure how to disassemble it. I completed the online warranty registration. Beretta emailed me a 'Warranty Certificate' that won't download or even display. Un-fuckin-believable. I expected a lot more from Beretta.
If I wasn’t buried under 190lbs of dog I would go find my only beretta manual, the one I got with my 686 silver pigeon. It’s like an inch thick.

That’s weird that they don’t have a sling cup at the rear, they have one on my A300UP, but it’s kinda meh. It’s full rotation (Same with the front, and I prefer no rotation) and I would rather it be on the side of the stock rather than the traditional bottom of the stock.

Here’s your manual: it’s all condensed down with the rest of the semi auto shotguns. I hate the idea, but that’s what they’ve done. https://www.beretta.com/content/dam/beretta-usa/user-manuals/semiauto_Manual.pdf

The vast majority of my shotguns are beretta, I’ve found that some of them have a sticky/tacky grease that needs removing. I bet that will fix your problem.

Thanks for the links. I found a .pdf at manualzz.com and it's 1301 T specific.

Beretta Italy, I could see doing that, but Beretta USA should know better. Yep the link I sent came from manualzz. BTW, I keep meaning to mention this, Rob Rathburn was also into Corgis, just an aside.

I didn't know that about Rob. I seem to remember Amy(sp) mentioning that the one time I spoke with her but I'm not sure. I haven't seen or spoken to Rob since before Bill Black passed.

The Benelli's I recently purchased didn't come with printed manuals either.

Neither did the Seiko 5 I recently purchased.

Both did however offer a free download of the manual. Folded over printer paper isn't quite the same as a nice manual, but whatever.

My wife shooting the Beretta this afternoon...first time ever with a semi-auto shotgun. Right after shooting it she looked at me with that 'I think this will be my gun' look. It does shoot well. We put 50 rds of Estate #7.5, 25 rds of Winchester #8, 25 rds of Estate 00, 5 rds of Win/Olin military 00 thru it without a single hiccup. I have to admit I like the fact it reliably shoots field loads...something the 11-87 won't do. I practiced about 40 rds of loading from a cheapo shotgun card I got off Amazon. That's new to me but I can see where those things could be pretty handy.

What kind of Shotgun card? Got a picture?

They're surprisingly well built for less than $8 each. Most people consider them to be disposable anyway and I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on kit I'd never used before. I think I'll order a couple more packs just for practice.

Not sure if that link is working...doesn't look like it on my end. My only complaint is they're only 6 rds instead of 7 so I can't completely top off the tube. But that's no big deal for what I'm doing. Here's a screenshot:

Screenshot (420).png

Yeah! I've always like the Velcro on "side saddle" kinda shell holders. I hate the hard plastic ones with a passion! I'm also real partial to Choate shell caddies, but those go on your belt and not on the gun. For on the gun those things can't be beat!!!

Not sure if that link is working...doesn't look like it on my end. My only complaint is they're only 6 rds instead of 7 so I can't completely top off the tube. But that's no big deal for what I'm doing. Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 3287
I too am partial to the Velcro shot shell holders.

For future reference, occasionally EssTac has a 40% off coupon on their stuff. I like their AR mag pouches, pistol mag pouches, and the shot cards. With the discount the shot cards are even cheaper than the Amazon ones.

I’ve been stink eyeing those on Amazonia for a while. Do you stick the hook side directly onto the side of your receiver or do you use a rigid plate like that bougie outfit? I have some saved that were like 17 bucks for ten or twelve tear away cards. I think two or three would stack in an old VN era mag pouch. Yeah yeah, it’s a damn dime holding up a dollar… 🙄

I’ve been stink eyeing those on Amazonia for a while. Do you stick the hook side directly onto the side of your receiver or do you use a rigid plate like that bougie outfit? I have some saved that were like 17 bucks for ten or twelve tear away cards. I think two or three would stack in an old VN era mag pouch. Yeah yeah, it’s a damn dime holding up a dollar… 🙄

It's a sticky-sided velcro cloth that goes on the receiver. Then the soft shell holder sticks to that. Pull one off, slap another on. I looked at reviews for which one had elastic that seemed to be the tightest and held up the best. That's why I settled on the one I got. They're probably pretty much all the same. I figure the cheapies are just fine for practice.

There was a place, Otto-Made-it, that made great shell holder for shotguns that velcroed on he made 6-7-8 round holders. I'll see if they are still around.

I found a Noveske QD sling mount for the stock. Simple solution that must be more than Beretta engineers can handle. I'm still amazed Beretta makes an $1800 shotgun, that they market as the ultimate for combat and duty use, and it doesn't have sling mounting points. FFS...

I really like these shotgun cards. I have another 4-pack of black, 7 rounders on the way. I hope they're as sturdy as these FDE types. The shells stay put under lots of recoil.

Card 1.jpg

Card 2.jpg