What's new

Anyone Wear a Belly Band-style Holster?

OK Corgi Rancher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I've got spring fever. When the weather even hints at warming up, even in winter, it's off with the pants. Calm down... And it's on with the shorts. In the summer I'm a slave to the trendiest in boomer fashion... Shorts, t-shirt and sneakers. So, with that sort of wardrobe, carry can be a little problematic. So, I decided to give the belly band a try.

I don't have the Fabio six-pack but I'm not a total fatass, either. Basic dad-bod build. I've tried the belly band on with my 43X and it really hides nicely. Especially if I wear it a little lower with the waistband of the shorts over it, leaving the butt of the gun above for an easy draw. I'll have to experiment a little but my first thought is the gun seems most comfortable to me in the classic appendix location...between 1 and 2 o'clock. It's a little unnerving to feel the muzzle pressed against the crease in my thigh, though. Is that something you get accustomed to?

Any tips or tricks to make these things work?

I never could. I went the Smart Carry Holster route. Kind of the same thing, but different.

Weren't those types of holsters called 'Thunderwear' when they first came out years ago? I considered that, too. I went with the BB so I had a pocket for misc stuff like wallet or cash.

Weren't those types of holsters called 'Thunderwear' when they first came out years ago? I considered that, too. I went with the BB so I had a pocket for misc stuff like wallet or cash.
I'm not sure. I order mine with the pocket behind the gun so I can carry a blade, cash, cards.