What's new

Canik Mete MC9

Brandi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone have any personal experience with this gun? It's what I want to get for my new carry gun and I've heard a whole lot of good about them. Seems impossible to beat for the price. Just curious if anyone has one and if so, how do/did you like it?

I figured it was a long shot lol.

I don’t know about the Mete line. They’re supposed to be a step up from the originals. I have had the opportunity to shoot a second gen SFX and it was nothing but nice. I think the Metes have changes like retaining the rear sight when you install optics and a little better triggers and nicer presentation in the kit. They were an absolute steal at market intro but the prices have been edging upwards with the refinements. If I got one at a good price I wouldn’t hesitate.

I only have a sample size of two. For all I know all the rest of them are shit. Only suggestion would be to whip out that Benji barn and find out…

I’ve never touched a Mete. I do have an Elite Combat and an Elite SC. I have no issues with them.

I’ve heard a lot of bad about them tbh.
Weird, I've never heard anything bad. All the YooToob video folks seem to like them but maybe I missed something. What specifically was bad that you heard?

Weird, I've never heard anything bad. All the YooToob video folks seem to like them but maybe I missed something. What specifically was bad that you heard?

I think you get a good one or you get a bad one.

I've watched a ton of video reviews and read a bunch of written reviews but I haven't come across any complaints. I think there was one where they had problems with a particular gun but that's not brand specific. Seems like the MC9 and Canik in general, is pretty solid. Unfortunately, a $4k+ septic tank repair just killed any chance of upgrading to a better carry gun so it's become a moot point 😞.