What's new

CZ Issue

dan45

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last year I did some trading for a CZ pistol for my son. Ended up with a P01 Omega that had been cajunized by the PO.
We've only managed 2 range trips so far and both times have had numerous light hammer strikes. Too many too count, and way too many to trust this as a carry piece.
Anybody know of a good Smith in the Tulsa area ?
I'm planning to take my old Ruger out to Chouteau to The Gun Den and was going to talk with him about it.

You probably have too light of a hammer spring (#21) in there.
1709069046236.png

Yeah, so after a little googlefu research, I came to the same conclusion. It's a blue CGW 13# spring, which is supposed to fire just about any primer. But I've read of others who have the same issue and the consensus is to move up to a 15# spring. Got one on the way and I'll inspect and clean the firing pin groove as well. Between that and a heavier spring I'm hoping to get it reliable for a carry gun.

Well that didn't work.
Tried the 15# spring and a very thorough cleaning. Shot it today and had at least two light strikes in each of four mags tried.
I have all the stock springs and parts so I'm going to take it all back to stock and see if that works.

Reactions: Roy
De-cajunize it. CZs are perfect from the factory.

De-cajunize it. CZs are perfect from the factory.
That's where I'm headed. I'm sure when they work the CGW kits are awesome but I need this to be 100% reliable for carry / home defense.
I traded for this gun to give to my son - because he loves shooting my P 01.
Mine is bone stock as it came from the factory and is perfect.

Well shit.

Maybe I put stock parts back one at a time until it gets reliable

LOL.. NO..... Cajunized CZs are a slice of heaven. Not even close.
Needs a better term to not sound like wet smelly fat Louisiana Man.

LOL.. NO..... Cajunized CZs are a slice of heaven. Not even close.
I have to say his is much smoother to shoot than mine, but mine has gone bang every time. His, not so much.

Needs a better term to not sound like wet smelly fat Louisiana Man.

Don't care what the term sounds like lol..... they shoot lights out. Great people to deal with too.

I have to say his is much smoother to shoot than mine, but mine has gone bang every time. His, not so much.

Did CGW do it? Or was it a parts in a bag thing? Did you call CGW?

The previous owner installed the CGW parts and I got the bag of stock parts. I believe the parts changed were hammer spring, hammer, firing pin and spring, recoil spring and guide rod, and I think a couple other parts. I know one of the bags included had a label that said srs kit so it has the short reset kit.
I have not called CGW, yet but I may soon.