What's new

Any experience with a 350 legend or 360 buckhammer?

Ndenway

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been youtubing vids of these to see if I want one or the other,

Do any of ya'll have any hands on experience with either and/or both of them?

afaik the legend is a new case design and the buckhammer parent case is 30-30,

So all I would need for the legend is to assemble an ar upper and aquire brass and reloading gear. iirc it uses .355 bullets ie 9mm rifle bullets hahahaha

Buckhammer I'd need a new lever rifle, and have enough 30-30 brass to fireform out and then get reloading gear and .358 bullets.

Course I might be better off getting a 358win savage 99 or 356win if I want another lever rifle, or just hold off for win 1895 in 3006 or 3040.

I considered the 360 on my last lever gun acquisition, but bailed. No one's making brass yet and I really didn't want to hack up .30-30 and go through that process.

The video I watched it was cut down, annealed, necked up with a .35 Remington die then finished with a 360 die. Then trimmed chamfered and deburred. Kind of seemed like a lot of drama for not a ton of gain.

I haven't written it off though. Same with 6.8 Western. When more brass manufacturers jump on board, I'll circle back

I personally dont see the advantage of them for Oklahomans because we have no straight wall case restrictions (unless you are just wanting a “thumper” AR). If I want more than a 30-30 or 45-70 has to offer, I reach for a bottlenecked cartridge. But I have no experience with either and I’m all for people owning whatever they want.

Not to derail the thread, but what about the .35 Remington? I don't know enough about it to talk about it, but what I do know is it has a punch.

Yes, I've fire formed brass before, since got 30-30 brass and no 30-30 rifle, I figured it'd be easy enough to fireform some for the 360 so I didn't have to buy factory 360 brass,

afaik from what I've seen the legend doesn't have a parent case so factory made brass is all you can get for it.

I'm really thinking on the 360 lever,

since I've got several ak variants then I've already got multiple 30-30 equivalent semi autos with 30rd mags, no need for a 30-30 equivalent ar.

Thinking of win 94 and marlin 336 levers made me think of the 35 rem, that would be close to the 360 too.

But I'd still like the 356win if the rifles & ammo weren't so hard to find affordably.

I personally dont see the advantage of them for Oklahomans because we have no straight wall case restrictions (unless you are just wanting a “thumper” AR). If I want more than a 30-30 or 45-70 has to offer, I reach for a bottlenecked cartridge. But I have no experience with either and I’m all for people owning whatever they want.
I've already got 45-70gvnt and 308win lever actions,

And plenty of bottle neck rifle calibers from .17 up to .30 belted mags,

But I don't have .35 caliber rifle, I do have a 40 s&w carbine

I’d like a 35rem too. And a 38-55. Both would be straight gripped marlins if I had my preference. I have no need for either though.

I don't have need of another firearm, I'd just like to have a .35 caliber rifle.

I should have bought the 356win rifle 35+ years ago when southwest shooters had 94 & 336 on the rack for like $275, I think that was around the time I was buying model 70s from them.