What's new

AR Pistol sight options..that are unique?

GC7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
  • Not feeling like using a red dot. Adds too much height and weight. Since it's a pistol it's not easy to get a good cheek weld anyway.
  • Trying to avoid MBUS flip ups; this is the option if I can't find anything else. Has the same cheek weld issue as above.
  • The LaRue C-Note actually makes a lot of sense on an AR pistol but the thing just looks goofy as hell and is supposed to be a meme product. (while also being a huge advertising billboard)

Am I just making shit up, or was there a company that at one time produced an A2 carry handle that had fast acquisition pistol type sights on it?

I guess what I'm looking for are some non-diopter fixed sights that can be mounted on the top rail and provide "rough accuracy". Human-sized engagement out to 50 yards more or less.

Hah I just ran across a picture of a scope mount and realized this would work in a sense but also look goofy (and be overkill). Just look through the holes! But this might help explain what I'm trying to achieve.

anBn

I found this option that kinda sounds like what you are wanting to do. It replaces the rear sight on a standard A2 carry handle. They also have the front sight to go with it.

Dang I showed up to say that you should get the C-Note.

An A2 carry handle is gonna be bigger and heavier than most MRDS sights, even if you use a riser.

You could go old school (and kinda outdated but still cool) and get a singlepoint mounted on a carry handle like used in the Son Tay Raid.

I thought of something super goofy that would work. I'll see if I can post pics of it later.

But I might also just 3d print some. I have an idea in mind.

If you have a FSB then a fixed rear makes sense and works well. C-notes, for all the jive bullshit they receive, work really really well....especially for a pistol config. However, an MRD on a 1.5"+ mount works more better IMO.

If you’re feeling squirrelly you could get this red dot riser, which comes with a rear iron sight. Slap a front sight on your pistol, and go to town.

I bet @KurtM could give some solid insight into using diopter iron sights for fast shooting. I just lack the experience or knowledge to put it all into words well. I do know that an A2 rear CQB diopter is still pretty dang quick for me if we’re talking sub 50yards. Or at least was before getting stabbed in the eye and fighting eye dominance issues.

If you’re feeling squirrelly you could get this red dot riser, which comes with a rear iron sight. Slap a front sight on your pistol, and go to town.

lmao overkill man. I'm basically trying to come up with the simplest sights setup that does not need batteries/solar/tritium and has broader acquisition over standard AR diopter sights.

lmao overkill man. I'm basically trying to come up with the simplest sights setup that does not need batteries/solar/tritium and has broader acquisition over standard AR diopter sights.

Get a C-note then. It's basically a set of pistol sights and an occlusive sight kinda rolled into one. Easy to use, super quick and good to 50m easy. 100m once you figure out where your impact is.

I painted one's front sight white and put a black disc on the front and it worked really well. Just to see if it would.

Or, like @HoLeChit posted from the Son Tay raid, you can get an OEG:

OR, I found something else. Larue sells this accurizer kit (I’m pretty sure that half of what he sells is just a really well made joke at this point, I could be wrong though) with a set of what appears to be picatinny rail mounted 1911 sights on it.
IMG_4068.png

You could ratfuck the sights and sell the rest, or who knows, maybe use the rail for something.

So there’s like an adjustable crosshair inside the box?

Not gonna lie, I laughed out loud at the name.

Also, poverty eotech.

Get a C-note then. It's basically a set of pistol sights and an occlusive sight kinda rolled into one. Easy to use, super quick and good to 50m easy. 100m once you figure out where your impact is.

I painted one's front sight white and put a black disc on the front and it worked really well. Just to see if it would.

Or, like @HoLeChit posted from the Son Tay raid, you can get an OEG:
It's nice there are screws to take the billboards off the sides.

Using any front, rear sight set up is going to be hard on an AR type pistol unless you are going with a brace. For irons to be useful in this application you need some kind of cheek weld.
With that said there are several A2 type sights that are drop on. Kinda like just the sight of the carry handle with all the handle cut away.
Personally I would go with one of the smaller red dots like a J. Point, or some of the sights made by shield over in England.

For now I went with these. They 3d printed beautifully and the sight picture seems about right. Will have to check zero this weekend.

They are only friction fit but I think I know a way to lock them in place.

My kid has an extra Nerf night optic you might could negotiate him out of. He’s got a hardon for a P Bass right now. 🤣

I will say people buy stupid stuff all the time. I am one of them. I dont know why but I just want it just to put them on my AR pistol.

1707587557612.jpeg