What's new

Benelli, VersaMax V3

KurtM

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just thought I'd throw out a couple shotgun words so this topic had some thing, so here it goes!
Choke, wad, pattern, mag tube, cast, camber, mid rib bead, Hi Viz, and Nordic Components

It just looks all lonely here all by itself! šŸ˜”

Beretta 1301 Tactical Mod 2. Don't axe me why but I really gotta have one. I don't really care for shotguns much but that EYE-talian beauty has really got her hooks in me. I'm hoping for Fri or Sat...

View attachment 3092
I have the previous gen all black but in 24". My entire time on the street, I never liked carrying a rifle unless I was set up through glass. Shotgun yes please!

I went long to get a bigger tube for it. LOP is short, like kid short and I love it. It shoulders really well and fast.

A short LOP really worked (still does) for me...especially when I was wearing a vest. I put an old A1 stock on my Colt 6520 I carried. I liked that a lot better than a collapsible stock for patrol use. I can't wait to get my crab scratchers on this Beretta.

Havenā€™t fired a shotgun since dove season, and it didnā€™t get shot much. My main bird hunting gun is a Franchi Instinct L. For turkey, I use a Remington 870 Super Mag which reminds me that I need to check my supply of 3.5ā€ shells.

Is this weird??

I was born and raised on Wingmasters with safety rear of the trigger. I bought a benelli home defense gun a while back with the safety forward of the trigger. The safety bugged the shit out of me. About every kind of gun we shoot has a safety in a different location so I don't really know why this one bothered me so much. Design-wise it's probably better at the front. I guess I just need to put rounds through it and see if I can dislodge my youngling years of carrying a wingmaster, but a HD shotgun isn't really my idea of fun shooting.

Which model Benelli is it? I can only think of the Vinci that has a forward safety.

Ok Corgi, I think you are really going to like that 1301. I bet you like it more than that cool 1187 you got.

Which model Benelli is it? I can only think of the Vinci that has a forward safety.

Ok Corgi, I think you are really going to like that 1301. I bet you like it more than that cool 1187 you got.
Nova or Super Nova I think. I actually need to look when I'm home, after thinking about this I may have already sold it, lol.

Ahh, yes a pump gun! I don't know why, but when I think of Benelli I think auto loaders!

I'm sure I will. The 11-87 is a nice gun...no complaints. But I never shoot it. This Beretta will be like going from an F250 to a Ferrari. All the chicks around here will probably dig it, too.

Nova or Super Nova I think. I actually need to look when I'm home, after thinking about this I may have already sold it, lol.
The Nova has a forward safety. Not sure about the Super Nova

Well, Roberto Vezolli has won a IPSC Shotgun World Championship with the 1301 platform. He is Italian and chicks swarm all over him so, yeah, get a BIG stick Corgi rancher! šŸ˜†

Last edited:
Iā€™m confusedā€¦ the reciever and sights say 1301 tactical, but the furniture, mag tube, and mag tube clamp are off an a300 ultima patrol?

Apparently the previous generation of this model didn't include things like the M-lock fore end (like the A300). The fore end looks the same but it's different internally because the gas/recoil system is all underneath the fore end on the 1301. The Pro Lifter is awesome.

I posted a rant about a few things re: this shotgun and Beretta. Let's just say I'm not impressed with Beretta.

Apparently the previous generation of this model didn't include things like the M-lock fore end (like the A300). The fore end looks the same but it's different internally because the gas/recoil system is all underneath the fore end on the 1301. The Pro Lifter is awesome.

I posted a rant about a few things re: this shotgun and Beretta. Let's just say I'm not impressed with Beretta.
I didnā€™t know they came out with a new model. Very nice.