What's new

Help on a optic

Kwaynem

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I’m not really deep in the AR type rifles but I have one with a cheap red dot I have the opportunity to get this optic from my brother in law but not sure if it will fit my needs I have the AR for mostly home defense and property but I do take it coyote or hog hunting occasionally I just don’t know anything about them image000001.jpegimage000002.jpeg

Home Defense? probably not so much. For hunting? sure it would probably be fine. If you’re going to be needing something for the house, I'd stick with a reflex and/or a magnifier, or a 1x4, 6, or 8

PA has several OEMs they use from super cheap Chicom to higher-ish end Japanese. I think they have Philippine thrown in there too. Is it free?

Last edited:
Home Defense? probably not so much. For hunting? sure it would probably be fine. If you going to be needing something for the house, I'd stick with a reflex and/or a magnifier, or a 1x4, 6, or 8

PA has several OEMs they use from super cheap Chicom to higher-ish end Japanese. I think they have Philippine thrown in there too. Is it free?
No $600

I personally wouldn't want more than true 1x base magnification for what you described.
I agree.

I can't see any reason to have more than 1x on a defense weapon. A good 1-8 LPVO would do double duty for what you need in my opinion.

I have a 1-10 on my 16" Ruger (10 sucks balls on cheaper glass) and I ring steel with ease out to 550.

Last edited:
the thing that I personally like about the Mid Power Variable Optics, which you have there, is the parallax adjustment option. For probably 99 percent of what you will use it for the 2.5-10 is a really nice window to work in. If you can shoot with both eyes open, that reticle would work for sweeping trash off the front porch even at 2.5 power. Since it’s not exactly what you want, I’d try and beat him down on the price some. But then again I’m a cheap ass bastard.

ED95EA03-2FB1-41F0-A0F9-86B4F7A2995C.png

Searched the COO...It's Filipino, which means a couple steps above Chicom. I would spend the $$ on a good-ish LPVO or a reflex, but you'll have to do you.

You can get a Meopta Optika 1-6x for $699 at a few places or a Leupold 1.5-5x for around $500 ish

Last edited:
For a Chinese PA scope? No way. At least not me.

If you’re gonna go Chicom, get an Athlon Arken. You get a lot of scope for the $$. Otherwise, look for a good Japanese scope or a Leupold in that price range.
I have an Athlon Midas red dot on my ar for the house/ truck gun, it’s taken a beating and still performs. Looks rough but it works.