What's new

Leather Preservation for Old Gear

danc46

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is stuff Ive used for holsters I have. Some are old holsters, dating back to WWI. Talked to the curator at the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco about preserving old leather. He recommended Picards. I have a thing for Threeperson holsters made by SD Myres who shut down in 1969. Even used on a 1917 G&H 1917 Colts and S&W revolver Holster I gave to one of the Marines that help me with youth training.
This stuff works great.
I did not say to use on Kydex. I’m sure someone will come along and say I did. 😂😂
IMG_1866.jpeg

Here are two old holsters reconditioned with the Picards, for the 1917 Colt, one is 1917 mfg, the other a US Postal Service holster of unknown manufacture. Anyway no way of proving provenance of the holster, just what I was told.
The stuff works great. Even for old military slings.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    856.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    964.6 KB · Views: 4
I've used Aussies, salty fish, skidmores, sno seal.

It's all pretty good leather stuff when used normally,

Course thats after saddle soap and brush cleaning

I've used Aussies, salty fish, skidmores, sno seal.

It's all pretty good leather stuff when used normally,

Course thats after saddle soap and brush cleaning
This stuff is pretty much like SnoSeal. I really like that stuff. I used to collect old indoor soccer shoes kids had outgrown and use snoseal to recondition them for kids who couldn’t afford to buy them.
That SnoSeal and this Picards can make shiity looking leather look good.
Your pervert bondsge leather stuff get so bad you have to use a brush and saddle soap on it? 😵‍💫

Hell yeah, some of these older chicks open their thighs and the valley of doves echoes echoes echoes reeeeecccccooooooollllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa