What's new

Looking for a nice mill or lathe for your gun room/shop?

This is sad. But if you aren't trying to get out of NY at this point, I'd have to question your sanity.

This will be interesting to watch. I was thinking about expanding my magnesium phosphate line until I saw the 18% buyers premium.

I don't think it's sad. They're moving to a really gun friendly state and probably outfitting their new factory with all new equipment. It's a win for everyone.

I don't think it's sad. They're moving to a really gun friendly state and probably outfitting their new factory with all new equipment. It's a win for everyone.
The town of ilion might disagree with their winning. I’m glad theyre going elsewhere to better themselves and hope they prosper. But it is sad to me that politics have run a historically significant gunmaker out of its ancestral home.

Maybe. But a lot of people are moving to Alabama with their jobs. The state of NY will be happy because they won't have to deal with that awful gun company. Anti-gun types in NY will be happy. The employees moving to Alabama with their job will be happy. Alabama will be happy, and appreciate more jobs coming to the state.

A few people in Ilion will be unhappy. On balance I'd say it's a win.

I get the part about an iconic gun company being forced to move. That's sad. But that's part of the landscape these days. The state of NY is mostly to blame for these companies leaving. It's not their fault Remington started producing a product fewer and fewer people wanted, but it is their fault for creating a political climate that forces businesses to leave the state. Kimber closed up shop in Yonkers and moved to Alabama as well, and Kahr and ATI also bailed from NY.

I might be wrong,

but iirc a rich czech buy remington arms name/factory and their ammo plant?

So it is now owned by a foreign citizen.

Investors doing business as the Roundhill Group purchased the Remington-branded gun-making business, including operations in Ilion and Lenoir City, Tennessee for $13 million. Owners announced plans in 2021 to move the company’s headquarters to Georgia.

The Roundhill Group has headquarters in PA and FL and they operate Remington thru a holding company called RemArms.

I might be wrong,

but iirc a rich czech buy remington arms name/factory and their ammo plant?

So it is now owned by a foreign citizen.
They were purchased by the CZ Group, who also owns Colt, Perazzi, Fiocchi, and Dan Wesson. I haven’t seen any American Companies stand up and try to get some of these companies out of their rut/ditch. Someone has to do it, and CZG is a great company that has a proven history of making great products.