What's new

Shipping ammo from person to person

ClintC

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I don’t know if this would go here or not. I got a friend of mine that fell into 1k of PMC 5.56 ammo. He does not want it and asked if I do. I told him I wanted it but cant drive to California to get it. It’s not worth my time and fuel. My question is can I ship it to Oklahoma and what do I need to do.

I found out the hard way, only two ways to get ammo shipped around here. Either take it to the place by the airport or have the driver pick it up. None of the UPS stores around here or drop off points will take any package with an ORMD label. Might tell your buddy that.

He can ship it to you. The box HAS to have this on it though. I’ve shipped ammo to several people in the state of Oklahoma and I just drew the stupid label on the box with sharpie.

Gotta make sure the UPS office will take it. My local one in Guymon isn’t like the bigger stores y’all have in OKC.

Just FYI I think some cosmetics and stuff ship with this label, not just ammo.

Hell come to think of it I’ve had a lot of ammo delivered from certain ammo websites and they don’t even have this fucking label on the box…

I wish your buddy luck trying to ship ammo out of California. Not sure how that will work out.

IMG_3830.jpeg

LOL... All that shit's covered in the link I sent you. Just follow the guidelines posted by UPS. People do it all the time.

Why in the cornbread fuck would someone in Commiefornia not hang on to a case of 5.56 like a rosary? If the powers that be have their way he’ll wish he had ten times as much.

Insert appropriate John Wayne ammo gif below….

Why in the cornbread fuck would someone in Commiefornia not hang on to a case of 5.56 like a rosary? If the powers that be have their way he’ll wish he had ten times as much.

He is not into gun like we are. Plus his hobby is airplanes.

how do you "fall into a thousand rounds of 556" in california?? :LOL:

I found out the hard way, only two ways to get ammo shipped around here. Either take it to the place by the airport or have the driver pick it up. None of the UPS stores around here or drop off points will take any package with an ORMD label. Might tell your buddy that.
Yup the places near the airport are run by the actual shipping companies and they'll take whatever they can take based on their official policy. The "UPS Store" locations or places like FedEx Office (formerly Kinkos) are 99% of the time an independent franchise reseller of the service and usually more restrictive, or just don't know enough about their own business to be helpful.

I think whenever you see online horror stories about how some guy tried to ship a gun or ammo and got into a shouting match with the clerk, was because that guy didn't realize he was dealing with a third party.

The other thing about shipping "fun stuff" - obviously in a case like ammo you need to put the ORM-D symbols but you have zero obligation otherwise to tell the world what is inside the box. (besides disclosing it's a firearm if there is one inside)

This
fuddly.jpg