What's new

Suppressor for .22 rifle

Cowcatcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I’m thinking about getting the ball rolling on a couple .22 cans. I’ve considered buying cans for a larger caliber to give me more options but I think I’d rather stick with dedicated .22 cans. Not really worried about weight because the two rifles they will live on won’t be shot offhand much. What advice do you bunch of professionals have? I’ve heard aluminum is tougher to clean so probably would go with steel or titanium offerings. This horse has probably been beat to death in other places but he’s good and fresh here. Thanks in advance to all you gentlemen and scholars.

AEM5/OCM5 from Allen Engineering or Otter creek labs. For a 22cal, this thing is really good. It was used by the Military for over 20 years. It just really works well. It's got like 7 or 8 baffles and is an OTB refex design so a lot of room for gas to move. You'll need the correct muzzle device and collar...Otter creek has a really cool one but it's spendy.

My old boss still tests all this stuff and he said Huxwerx is the cat's meow. They're a little spendy but he said they are worth it. If he says so, then it's truth.
This one comes with a 30 cal and a 22 cal hub so you're covered.

@JEVapa you're on the OCL bandwagon? Jeez I guess I really do need to look into them. @Roy has been talking about them for years.
I was gonna go throw down on a Sparrow within 2 weeks cus I know where one is affordable and in stock.

When it comes to price it doesn’t really bother me on this purchase. Looking at a $200 can and then a $900 can the price for me really doesn’t factor in. I’m willing to pay for quality and convenience. I see this as an item your gonna have for a long time. It’s not like something you just toss in the classifieds and upgrade the next day. I wanna get it right the first time.

@JEVapa you're on the OCL bandwagon? Jeez I guess I really do need to look into them. @Roy has been talking about them for years.
I was gonna go throw down on a Sparrow within 2 weeks cus I know where one is affordable and in stock.
Only coz they make the Ops Inc can (AEM5) and they have some cool MD for them. Which I'll have to get one of these days.

Otter Creek was started by some trailer park brothers, one of which had the IG handle “bigfatfukkk” posting the most ridiculous and hilarious content, and from what I understand they just realized they could make a good product. He actively engages with people on their IG page and posts lots of transparent content that no normal company would be willing to. He sold me based on how up front and honest he is on there, as I know next to nothing about that industry. If I ever get one, I’ll support a guy like that.

AEM5/OCM5 from Allen Engineering or Otter creek labs. For a 22cal, this thing is really good. It was used by the Military for over 20 years. It just really works well. It's got like 7 or 8 baffles and is an OTB refex design so a lot of room for gas to move. You'll need the correct muzzle device and collar...Otter creek has a really cool one but it's spendy.

My old boss still tests all this stuff and he said Huxwerx is the cat's meow. They're a little spendy but he said they are worth it. If he says so, then it's truth.
This one comes with a 30 cal and a 22 cal hub so you're covered.
I can appreciate the otter creek description on their site. Especially under return policy.. "We typically will not charge a 10% restocking fee unless you’re a dick. "

Well I’m starting to feel very strongly that it’s time to get the ball rolling. I’m sure y’all are just waiting for me to pick one and throw the money down then they’ll be 30 recommendations none of them being what I bought. I figure it’s like anything and I’ll mess up the first time or two before I figure it out.

Shop the free tax stamp deals with Silencer Shop. I got my Q Erector 9 for around 540 after everything. (still in prison)

Whatever you get, do it quick. The fucking wait is atrocious

Anybody done business with Silencer Central? I just talked to them on the phone. Sounds like they’ll take care of the trust and everything and I can pay out whatever my bill is during the 8 month wait which was his current estimate. That payment thing just has me thinking I might as well buy more than one since I don’t have to part with as big a stack of cash up front.

I haven't done a silencer on anything yet. The whole process pisses me off too much to pursue it. But, would definitely be nice to have one or three.

Anybody done business with Silencer Central? I just talked to them on the phone. Sounds like they’ll take care of the trust and everything and I can pay out whatever my bill is during the 8 month wait which was his current estimate. That payment thing just has me thinking I might as well buy more than one since I don’t have to part with as big a stack of cash up front.
Looks like a sound financial decision to me.

I haven't done a silencer on anything yet. The whole process pisses me off too much to pursue it. But, would definitely be nice to have one or three.
I was in the same boat. It infuriates me when, across the pond where liberal gun laws flourish, it's considered bad juju to hunt without one. Ungentlemanly to do so.

I was in the same boat. It infuriates me when, across the pond where liberal gun laws flourish, it's considered bad juju to hunt without one. Ungentlemanly to do so.
100% agree. We have Hollywood and stupid politicians to thank for this ridiculous restriction.

Looks like a sound financial decision to me.
Well I suppose it costs the same whether you pay it all up front or pay it out but I feel better about the wait if I don’t have to pony it all up at the beginning. That’s what held me back for several years. It’s not the cost that pisses me off it’s the wait combined with the cost. Now I just gotta make up my mind. I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy atleast one Banish 22 can. What else might I buy in the same swing. Maybe a .223 can or .30 cal can. All the pros and cons to weigh. So far I think I’m gonna stick with serviceable cans that are steel, titanium or a combo of the two. Not real concerned with any handgun cans at this time. I suspect I’ll mainly be interested is suppressing the .22’s and .223’s. For now anyhow. Just talking out loud at this point. Yeah maybe first order will be one 22 can and one .223 can.

Well I suppose it costs the same whether you pay it all up front or pay it out but I feel better about the wait if I don’t have to pony it all up at the beginning. That’s what held me back for several years. It’s not the cost that pisses me off it’s the wait combined with the cost. Now I just gotta make up my mind. I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy atleast one Banish 22 can. What else might I buy in the same swing. Maybe a .223 can or .30 cal can. All the pros and cons to weigh. So far I think I’m gonna stick with serviceable cans that are steel, titanium or a combo of the two. Not real concerned with any handgun cans at this time. I suspect I’ll mainly be interested is suppressing the .22’s and .223’s. For now anyhow. Just talking out loud at this point. Yeah maybe first order will be one 22 can and one .223 can.
If you get one for your Creedmore, it will work perfectly fine on a 223. A 30 cal can will handle all three. You would need to pick a can that has interchangeable barrel mounts or one that uses a quick mount adapter and outfit each rifle with one with the proper thread pattern. I don't know what the thread pattern is for a 6.5.