What's new

Takedown systems

CS Boomis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone ever mess with any of the AR takedowns? I’m noodling my way through a project plan and see it as a possibility. Of course the one that appears to be the most robust is the most expensive. It’s the Cry Havoc system and is the one that they chose for the zoomie ejection pack weapon.

By takedown do your mean a rifle that can be disassembled in a pack or something?

By takedown do your mean a rifle that can be disassembled in a pack or something?
That’s generally how they’re marketed, but I’m thinking more about swapping hot barrels. It’s not a surgical precision project.

I’m kind of leaning towards this because you wouldn’t have to grab a smokey trunnion nut with your bare hands if you forgot your oven mitt.

That’s generally how they’re marketed, but I’m thinking more about swapping hot barrels. It’s not a surgical precision project.

I’m kind of leaning towards this because you wouldn’t have to grab a smokey trunnion nut with your bare hands if you forgot your oven mitt.
Unless you're running a belt fed MG, I don't see why this would be a reason to get one. Now stowing it in something like a SoTech Go Bag under a seat or in an AC or a backpack, or a discreet situation, then sure.

I have multiple suitcase and other switch-barrel rifles and none of it is for crew drill barrel changes like I'm running a 240. It's for caliber change and low profile stowage/packout.

Like this 👇 👇

1711576288240.png1711576347639.png
1711576385360.png

Why not just separate the upper from the lower, and then make sure your bag is 5” longer?

Why not just separate the upper from the lower, and then make sure your bag is 5” longer?
A folding lower and an 8” barrel would allow it to fit in a woman’s purse.

I’m thinking of something waaaay too impractical/ borderline irrational for the aforementioned sensibilities. This is something you that if weren’t for being the offshoot of a Ken killing abomination, ol RickN hisself would piss hisself and marvel. It will be like a Khyber pass Dushka only several thousand feet lower. It should however strike fear in porcine hearts from Bruners Canyon to Tupelo and from Tiger Mountain to Toad Suck Ferry. It’s gonna be such an assemblage of the obtuse and unusual that the cognoscenti will stand in awe or nausea. It’s gonna be redneck technical. But for folks who can’t cough up 6k for a Fitelite upper. (Shoulda bought one when they were half that… oh well)

Bwaaaaaaahahahahaha cough cough cough

😁

Kinda like this but a couple more steps towards stoopit.