What's new

The "what did you forget to bring" thread

rockchalk06

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Staff member
Administrator
Fren
We gotta have one of these. I'm notorious for forgetting something on range day. Never fails. I've forgotten my can, ammo for a test I was doing on that ammo you name it.

Today was a .300 PRC shell holder to anneal. Look all over the shop and of course no one over 50 years old shoots this.

I haven’t been forgetting much lately…now I bring everything plus the kitchen sink, but if I downsize I’ll start forgetting something again

I was loading some creedmoor one night to take the next day and it was getting late so I finished brass prep got up the next morning loaded 5 drove an hour to the range picked the first one up out of the box and I forgot to put primers in them ( probably should of kept this one to myself)

Guess I'm old school Goddamned cheap,

My sand bags are old pant leg, zip tied one end, filled with dirt from the range & zip tied, and they're filled enough for butt stock bag,

no need for front bag cause when I shoot off of a bench there's a bipod on forestock

I tend to leave the bags on bench when I leave for the shooter that forgot to bring theirs.

Ammo I'm shooting is brought in 50cal can or two, (old days it was a 5gal bucket)

When shooting semi, I bring the $15 ball on a stick rolling pecan pickup hopper (cause I'm lazy as hell & don't want to bend over to pick up brass), and dump the empties back into the 50cal cans.

Course I have left allen wrenches, screwdrivers and a small part, a time or three laying on bench or on ground.

I'd hate to have to splain to the BATFE boys that I left a can at the shooting range and no one turned it in. o_O
It probably happens more than you'd think. People can be downright stupid and careless. And being a gun owner doesn't absolve those qualities; it often magnifies them (such as leaving your carry piece in the bathroom stall, leaving guns in an unlocked car in the driveway, etc).

I was loading some creedmoor one night to take the next day and it was getting late so I finished brass prep got up the next morning loaded 5 drove an hour to the range picked the first one up out of the box and I forgot to put primers in them ( probably should of kept this one to myself)
The Internet is forever 😂

It probably happens more than you'd think. People can be downright stupid and careless. And being a gun owner doesn't absolve those qualities; it often magnifies them (such as leaving your carry piece in the bathroom stall, leaving guns in an unlocked car in the driveway, etc).
The last one that was left, I haven't heard the verdict if they found it.

I found half a can during a work day, but that wasn't careless leaving it, dude blew it up and couldn't find it. It wasn't the serialized part though.

We've had cops leave a duty gun in the shitter before and house keeping found it. They called us thankfully and no one got hurt, but that was a career ender.

This is why I keep a few mags and a few hundred rounds of 9mm in my range bag. Always at least have something to shoot.

I'm bad about taking the M1919 out. It takes alot of "stuff" and seems most times I forget SOMETHING. The lube, pintle, Crank handle, blanket to catch links/brass...SOMETHING.

Last time was the lube, so we just dumped some extra (fresh) motor oil on it and let her eat.

Never forget anything for a range trip (usually shoot at the house anyway).

But...

I took a friend coyote hunting (Northern Oklahoma) and upon pulling my 25-06 out of the case, I realized I left the bolt at my house... I did have an ar behind the seat we used but what a disappointment anyway.

Pretty proud of myself this morning. I had a moment of "well shit" when I couldn't find my itty bitty Allen wrench to adjust the RPP Peep Sight on the Henry. After 20 minutes of digging I realized I put it in my dope pocket right before I walked out of the house.

Batting 1000 today!