caliberbob

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Item Price or Trade Value
$60000
General Location Area
Southeast OK
Hey guys, maybe we need an “other” category for property but I’ll post here and maybe we can move it. My dad is selling this property down in Nashoba, OK. Here is the link.

Pretty remove with a big parking turn out at the entrance. It’s the first private property of all the lots as you come out of Rainier Timber Land. They have about 36,000 acres that is leased and then subleased and as an owner of property up there you get to have higher pick for getting the lease. I’ve got more details on that if you’re interested. My dad is selling to get something closer to us in the Tulsa area. Anyways, just thought I’d share here in case y’all know somebody.

Thanks
BJ

Hey guys, maybe we need an “other” category for property but I’ll post here and maybe we can move it. My dad is selling this property down in Nashoba, OK. Here is the link.

Pretty remove with a big parking turn out at the entrance. It’s the first private property of all the lots as you come out of Rainier Timber Land. They have about 36,000 acres that is leased and then subleased and as an owner of property up there you get to have higher pick for getting the lease. I’ve got more details on that if you’re interested. My dad is selling to get something closer to us in the Tulsa area. Anyways, just thought I’d share here in case y’all know somebody.

Thanks
BJ
Made reference to off grid a few times. I assume that means no reasonable power options?

Made reference to off grid a few times. I assume that means no reasonable power options?
According to the map, that’s not far from OK 39 between Lex and Wanette. OEC provides power service, and they have big transmission lines running alongside 39, and they should have trunks running alongside the section road that services the property. Electricity shouldn’t be an issue, but you can call OEC to confirm.

It’s entirely possible that OEC Fiber is also servicing that area, too.

I’m not sure where the property is, but Nashoba is southeast of Sardis lake. Not between Lexington and Wannette.

I’m not sure where the property is, but Nashoba is southeast of Sardis lake. Not between Lexington and Wannette.
I’m just going by the map on the listing, which shows the property as being just east of Wanette and less than a mile south of OK39.

Dang it. If you'd posted this a month ago I would not be remodeling my house right now. 😭😭 Timing is everything, as they say.

Looks like the map on the listing is wrong. The map shows the location just west (not east, oops) of Wanette, but when I plug the address on the listing into a mapping program, it shows the property as being south-southwest of Talihina (near Nashoba).

Probably not. It’s a good few miles in from the main highway and at the very top. Only way I could see that happening is if the timber company brought power in but I don’t think they’d ever do that.