What's new

Before/After

After

IMG_5519.png

IMG_5518.pngIMG_5517.jpeg

Scratched out the serial numbers best I could.

What do you guys think?

It's done, I can't change it, but I'm not 100% I did the right thing. The shiny black got too hot to touch in the afternoon sun dove hunting, so a buddy and I got them lightened up.

IDK. I never changed one like this before. We'll see. I guess if I don't like it I can sell it and start over.

I'm a grey whore by nature. Love it.

Can't say that I ever remember a gun too hot from the sun while sitting though. Maybe when we've been raining hell on em.

It's personal and you've killed the resale value of it. That's hard to swallow sometimes, but it's what makes it so cool too.

Looks great

I'm a grey whore by nature. Love it.

Can't say that I ever remember a gun too hot from the sun while sitting though. Maybe when we've been raining hell on em.

It's personal and you've killed the resale value of it. That's hard to swallow sometimes, but it's what makes it so cool too.

Looks great

I've never owned a gun that had the receiver get that hot laying across my lap. It was too hot to handle, and I've shot A5's forever and they're black as coal. It was weird. Blister your palm hot.

The metal isn't real heavy either. It's actually really light, but it got hot as hell.

Did you cerakote it? I'm sure you could get it removed if necessary, its just time consuming and tedious. I don't know that it is gonna help with the heat too much, but it looks nice for sure.

Yes. A guy in Ft Worth where my hunting buddy lives did them for us. $350 out the door.

We left the silver parts silver and the buttons and pins (safety, bolt release, trigger guard) black. Just coated the receiver metal and barrel.

It may not help reduce the heat, but it can't possibly hurt.

I think it looks okay, I guess.

It's not like it's a top of the line collector item either. It's an 1100$ low end Benelli. It'll be okay, and if it ain't, it ain't. IDK. Mixed feelings now that it's done.

Was just curious how many of you guys thought I'd fuked up? I can't decide.

Yes. A guy in Ft Worth where my hunting buddy lives did them for us. $350 out the door.

We left the silver parts silver and the buttons and pins (safety, bolt release, trigger guard) black. Just coated the receiver metal and barrel.

It's not like it's a top of the line collector item either. It's an 1100$ low end Benelli. It'll be okay, and if it ain't, it ain't. IDK. Mixed feelings now that it's done.

I think most of the guys here would say you fucked it up if you went muddy girl camo or some ridiculous zombie green shit. 😂

I've never owned a gun that had the receiver get that hot laying across my lap. It was too hot to handle, and I've shot A5's forever and they're black as coal. It was weird. Blister your palm hot.

The metal isn't real heavy either. It's actually really light, but it got hot as hell.
Aluminum receiver maybe? That sucks though as I don't know if I've ever hunted dove where it wasn't 90 plus.

Aluminum receiver maybe? That sucks though as I don't know if I've ever hunted dove where it wasn't 90 plus.

Now that you mention it, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's aluminum, or some light weight alloy of some type.

Yeah, you done fucked it up bad, real bad. It’s so bad that you should be ashamed to keep it. I’ll give you $50 for it because I’m a good guy like that.

But seriously, I think it looks really good. Did you lighten up the stock, or is that just an optical illusion?

If you dislike it then you fucked up. But I dig it. I think you only fucked up by not buying a Beretta.

I liked it's appearance better before,

but the after don't look bad either,

Course, I wouldn't of spent 350 to have it look good unless I was fixing up a shitty looking shotgun to begin with.

Yeah, you done fucked it up bad, real bad. It’s so bad that you should be ashamed to keep it. I’ll give you $50 for it because I’m a good guy like that.

But seriously, I think it looks really good. Did you lighten up the stock, or is that just an optical illusion?

Didn't touch the wood.

I like the looks! Let your kin folk worry about the re-sale value when you’re gone. That’s my philosophy

Yeah, I just bought it for dove, cause that's what we shot in Argentina, and I liked shooting it there, so when we got home a couple of us bought some.

I actually got a 20 & a 12. Just did this to the 20. The boy is shooting the 12. It's gonna be his when I croak, and there isn't any sentimental value to it. If he wants to keep them both he can, and if he wants to throw them off a bridge, that'll be fine too. Won't be mine to worry about.

I think most of the guys here would say you fucked it up if you went muddy girl camo or some ridiculous zombie green shit. 😂

He had some wild ass colors. I can't imagine anyone doing that, but it's their shit, they can make 'em whatever color they want.