What's new

First Suppressor

I do like the fact that some manufacturers also list DB rating at the ear, not just near the muzzle and that's the one that is telling to me.

I was just trying to be funny…I know that you didn’t say not to clean them. I need to work on my comedy skills.
I think I figured that out after I posted...like everything else, writing stuff in a forum doesn't always work out

So I’ve been hearing murmurs about individual approvals taking weeks, if not days. My understanding is that I can only let others use the can and pass it down to my kids if it is in a trust. Can I purchase the can as an individual, and then later convert it over to a trust?

So I’ve been hearing murmurs about individual approvals taking weeks, if not days. My understanding is that I can only let others use the can and pass it down to my kids if it is in a trust. Can I purchase the can as an individual, and then later convert it over to a trust?

You can, But I believe you will need to pay another tax stamp.

Sweet thanks guys. I don’t mind paying an extra $200 to ensure I get the can within a reasonable amount of time. I may be impatient.

What are you gonna get?
IMG_5485.png

If they still make it, that ^

I have not listened to that yet but their discussions are usually pretty good

I have not listened to that yet but their discussions are usually pretty good

It's a good discussion.

I still have some questions.

When using a single shot trust and adding trustees, do they have to do the prints & pictures? Im still not 100% clear on that, or can I just add the paperwork to the trust myself and it's done?

Also, if you add a beneficiary do they have to do prints and the rest of the stuff?

I'd suggest a buzz to Silencershop, I can't answer that for certain if there's a difference between the two. They are good about answering my (dumb) questions.

For beneficiary, there's no fingerprints/check/pics.

I'm not sure of nuances for trustees.

Let's see if this works or helps.

With your Single Shot Trust is a set of ammendment PDFs. Document 1 is the actual trust, and documents 2-6 do the adding/removal. I've edited out my info and added (TRUST NAME) etc, and each document 2-6 has a 2nd page with spots to fill out the info.

Document #2
Appointment of Supporting Trustee to the
(ENTER TRUST NAME HERE)

After you receive a tax stamp from ATF for the (TRUST ITEM) with serial number (TRUST SERIAL NUMBER)
, you may appoint eligible persons as Supporting Trustees to the (TRUST NAME)
(“Trust”). A Supporting Trustee may legally possess or have
access to the NFA firearm registered by your Trust, but he or she can do little more
without the permission of the Trustee. You may print this form as many times as you
need by using the ‘print current page’ command or by specifying that page number for
printing. This cover sheet is not part of the ‘Appointment’ document.
One of the benefits of this ‘Single Shot Trust’ is that a Supporting Trustee appointed
after ATF issues the tax stamp for your Silencer is not subject to the fingerprinting and
photographs required for responsible persons. After you complete Document #2 to
appoint a Supporting Trustee, that appointed Supporting Trustee should complete
Document #3. If you wish to register another NFA firearm, create a new trust for that
purpose using our affordable Single Shot Trust. This way you will not need to worry
about removing your Supporting Trustees or collecting their fingerprints or photographs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Other than the Trust Maker and the Trustee, no one may have
possible access to the Silencer outside their presence except a Supporting Trustee.
Read the Trust Agreement to review the full authorities and qualifications of a
Supporting Trustee and see the User’s Guide to learn more.
Do you wish to make changes or request legal advice? Want to receive these
documents printed and organized in our Turnkey Package? Visit GunTrustUSA.com for
details.
WARNING: This Gun Trust USA™ Single Shot Edition is to be used for the
(TRUST ITEM) with serial number (TRUST SERIAL NUMBER) and no other firearm.
DISCLAIMER: You use these documents at your own risk. You are responsible
for complying with all applicable laws, including those concerning firearms and
for trusts, including your ability to use another state’s law. Review the terms and
conditions you accepted at the end of these documents.

Document #3
Acceptance of Supporting Trustee Appointment

After you appoint a Supporting Trustee to the (TRUST NAME) (“Trust”)
using Document #2, ask that appointed Supporting Trustee to complete Document #3
(“Acceptance of Supporting Trustee Appointment”).
IMPORTANT NOTE: No one outside the presence of the Trust Maker and the Trustee
may possess the (TRUST ITEM) with serial number (TRUST SERIAL NUMBER), unless they are
appointed as a Supporting Trustee.
The original, signed copy of this document should be returned to the Trustee. If a
Supporting Trustee has possession of (TRUST ITEM) with serial number (SERIAL NUMBER), that
Supporting Trustee must have a copy of Document #1, as well as their versions of
Documents #2 and #3.
You may print this document as many times as you need. This cover sheet is not part
of the ‘Acceptance’ document.
See the User’s Guide to learn more.
Do you wish to make changes or request legal advice? Visit GunTrustUSA.com to get
help connecting with an attorney.
(TRUST ITEM) Silencer with serial number (SERIAL NUMBER) and no other firearm.
for trusts, including your ability to use another state’s law. Review the terms and
conditions you accepted at the end of these documents

Document #4
Form to Remove a Supporting Trustee from the
(TRUST NAME) TRUST

Use this form to remove a Supporting Trustee from the (TRUST NAME)
TRUST. Before removing a Supporting Trustee, confirm that person has returned all
Trust Property to a Trustee or a Supporting Trustee. Use ATF Form 5320.20 to report a
permanent relocation of the (TRUST ITEM) with serial number (SERIAL NUMBER).
You may print this document as many times as you need by using the ‘print current
page’ command or by specifying that page number for printing. This cover sheet is not
part of the ‘Termination’ document.
Want legal advice or an amendment of your documents? Visit GunTrustUSA.com to get
(TRUST ITEM) with serial number (SERIAL NUMBER) and no other firearm.

Document #5
Acceptance of Termination of Appointment as Supporting
Trustee of the (TRUST NAME) TRUST

Use this form after you’ve completed a copy of Document #4 to remove a Supporting
Trustee; that Supporting Trustee should complete this form to accept and confirm
his/her removal from the Trust. This acceptance can serve as proof that any
subsequent action by that person is not authorized under the Trust.
Before terminating a person’s appointment to the Trust, recover the (TRUST ITEM) with
serial number (SERIAL NUMBER) from that person and submit ATF Form 5320.20 if
applicable.
You may print this document as many times as you need by using the ‘print current
page’ command or by specifying that page number for printing. This cover sheet is not
part of the ‘Acceptance of Termination’ document.
Refer to the User’s Guide to learn more.
Want legal advice or an amendment of your documents? Visit GunTrustUSA.com to get

Document #6
Amendment and Republishing of
(TRUST NAME) TRUST

Initially, an agent of Gun Trust USA, LLC in Nevada serves as a Custodian of these
documents as required by Nevada law. One year of Custodian service is provided with
your purchase of these documents starting on the Effective Date of your Trust. If in the
future there is no Trustee or Custodian residing in Nevada, the Governing Law of the
Trust will change to the law of the Trustee’s state of residence.
To be certain a change of the Governing Law to the Trustee’s state of residence is
accomplished, complete Document #6, ‘Amendment and Republishing of (TRUST NAME)
TRUST.’
This cover sheet is not part of the ‘Amendment and Republishing of (TRUST NAME) TRUST.’
WARNING: This Gun Trust USA™ Single-Shot Edition is to be used for the

Are modern cans built in such a way that if you get a baffle strike, you can send it back to the mfr for repair? (or purchase replacement baffle parts without going through more ATF bullshit)

Let's see if this works or helps.

With your Single Shot Trust is a set of ammendment PDFs. Document 1 is the actual trust, and documents 2-6 do the adding/removal. I've edited out my info and added (TRUST NAME) etc, and each document 2-6 has a 2nd page with spots to fill out the info.

Document #2
Appointment of Supporting Trustee to the
(ENTER TRUST NAME HERE)

After you receive a tax stamp from ATF for the (TRUST ITEM) with serial number (TRUST SERIAL NUMBER)
, you may appoint eligible persons as Supporting Trustees to the (TRUST NAME)
(“Trust”). A Supporting Trustee may legally possess or have
access to the NFA firearm registered by your Trust, but he or she can do little more
without the permission of the Trustee. You may print this form as many times as you
need by using the ‘print current page’ command or by specifying that page number for
printing. This cover sheet is not part of the ‘Appointment’ document.
One of the benefits of this ‘Single Shot Trust’ is that a Supporting Trustee appointed
after ATF issues the tax stamp for your Silencer is not subject to the fingerprinting and
photographs required for responsible persons. After you complete Document #2 to
appoint a Supporting Trustee, that appointed Supporting Trustee should complete
Document #3. If you wish to register another NFA firearm, create a new trust for that
purpose using our affordable Single Shot Trust. This way you will not need to worry
about removing your Supporting Trustees or collecting their fingerprints or photographs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Other than the Trust Maker and the Trustee, no one may have
possible access to the Silencer outside their presence except a Supporting Trustee.
Read the Trust Agreement to review the full authorities and qualifications of a
Supporting Trustee and see the User’s Guide to learn more.
Do you wish to make changes or request legal advice? Want to receive these
documents printed and organized in our Turnkey Package? Visit GunTrustUSA.com for
details.
(TRUST ITEM) with serial number (TRUST SERIAL NUMBER) and no other firearm.

Document #3
Acceptance of Supporting Trustee Appointment

After you appoint a Supporting Trustee to the (TRUST NAME) (“Trust”)
using Document #2, ask that appointed Supporting Trustee to complete Document #3
(“Acceptance of Supporting Trustee Appointment”).
IMPORTANT NOTE: No one outside the presence of the Trust Maker and the Trustee
may possess the (TRUST ITEM) with serial number (TRUST SERIAL NUMBER), unless they are
appointed as a Supporting Trustee.
The original, signed copy of this document should be returned to the Trustee. If a
Supporting Trustee has possession of (TRUST ITEM) with serial number (SERIAL NUMBER), that
Supporting Trustee must have a copy of Document #1, as well as their versions of
Documents #2 and #3.
You may print this document as many times as you need. This cover sheet is not part
of the ‘Acceptance’ document.
Do you wish to make changes or request legal advice? Visit GunTrustUSA.com to get
conditions you accepted at the end of these documents

Document #4
Form to Remove a Supporting Trustee from the
(TRUST NAME) TRUST

Use this form to remove a Supporting Trustee from the (TRUST NAME)
TRUST. Before removing a Supporting Trustee, confirm that person has returned all
Trust Property to a Trustee or a Supporting Trustee. Use ATF Form 5320.20 to report a
permanent relocation of the (TRUST ITEM) with serial number (SERIAL NUMBER).
part of the ‘Termination’ document.
(TRUST ITEM) with serial number (SERIAL NUMBER) and no other firearm.

Document #5
Acceptance of Termination of Appointment as Supporting
Trustee of the (TRUST NAME) TRUST

Use this form after you’ve completed a copy of Document #4 to remove a Supporting
Trustee; that Supporting Trustee should complete this form to accept and confirm
his/her removal from the Trust. This acceptance can serve as proof that any
subsequent action by that person is not authorized under the Trust.
Before terminating a person’s appointment to the Trust, recover the (TRUST ITEM) with
serial number (SERIAL NUMBER) from that person and submit ATF Form 5320.20 if
applicable.
part of the ‘Acceptance of Termination’ document.
Refer to the User’s Guide to learn more.

Document #6
Amendment and Republishing of
(TRUST NAME) TRUST

Initially, an agent of Gun Trust USA, LLC in Nevada serves as a Custodian of these
documents as required by Nevada law. One year of Custodian service is provided with
your purchase of these documents starting on the Effective Date of your Trust. If in the
future there is no Trustee or Custodian residing in Nevada, the Governing Law of the
Trust will change to the law of the Trustee’s state of residence.
To be certain a change of the Governing Law to the Trustee’s state of residence is
accomplished, complete Document #6, ‘Amendment and Republishing of (TRUST NAME)
TRUST.’
This cover sheet is not part of the ‘Amendment and Republishing of (TRUST NAME) TRUST.’
WARNING: This Gun Trust USA™ Single-Shot Edition is to be used for the

Links to those documents or forms?? Silencer shop have those available for download??

Answered my questions pretty throughly.

Thank you!

Are modern cans built in such a way that if you get a baffle strike, you can send it back to the mfr for repair? (or purchase replacement baffle parts without going through more ATF bullshit)

Most nowadays make the very base of the can the serialized part...so basically everything past that can be rebuilt.

Reactions: GC7
Links to those documents or forms?? Silencer shop have those available for download??

Answered my questions pretty throughly.

Thank you!

No idea if they're online. It's what they send when you fill out your SST paperwork.

I got a trust for my first can. Everyone on it has to give up all the same info so now I do everything individual. If I decide to put them in trust before I'm worm food, I'll still have possession of them.

**I'm not a lawyer or expert** Just passing along MY experience/info. There are likely nuances to everything, and differences in build construction of different cans/manufacturers. I've done 3 Form 4s (cans) and 1 Form 1 (SBR)....so my experience is limited to just that.

I got a trust for my first can. Everyone on it has to give up all the same info so now I do everything individual. If I decide to put them in trust before I'm worm food, I'll still have possession of them.

I think that's why the Single Shot trusts are so popular. Another board member has a traditional trust with multiple items and people, so when they go to add an item, they gotta get all parties involved to do the dance for paperwork submittal.

I did SST so I could get it done, and add my dad easily so he can make use of my cans while hunting.

(I know you know this, but putting it out there for the rest of the class)