What's new

Is the Mini 14 gay or retarded?

Hillside Desolate

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I am not sure if the mini 14 is gay or retarded or possibly both. But it would be pretty cool if they were still cheap.

So far I got:

Gay:
Proprietary mags
20 rounds
Common in prisons
The stock
The tactical version
Expensive

Retarded
Not an AR mag
Shifting point of aim
Weird optics mounting
Cast parts

Can anyone help me out with their thoughts and opinions?

Minis are definitely not gay, and ARs are 100% transvestites.

You buy a Mini, you KNOW you're getting a handy little rifle.

An AR can transition into an SBR, pistol, 20", 16".....accepts all kinds of plastic devices...

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

AC556s used to be about the best deal in the NFA world IMO. They were a fraction of the cost of other rifles and had factory support still. Then factory support went away and prices skyrocketed. I was saving up for one then all that happened and well, not so much any more.

Minis are definitely not gay, and ARs are 100% transvestites.

You buy a Mini, you KNOW you're getting a handy little rifle.

An AR can transition into an SBR, pistol, 20", 16".....accepts all kinds of plastic devices...

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
I think that makes the AR more versatile in the Heinleinian sense "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Plus remember who chooses a Mini 14 because his coastguard boyfriend was killed by an M16. That gun said "Sorry sodomite, I will not defend you." And jammed which makes the AR homophobic AF

Last edited:
I've always appreciated the Garand action. Sexy, gorgeous always blows my kilt up. I didn't appreciate the proprietary mags that only worked with Ruger branded (clean) mags and the lack of accuracy.

My reloading mentor had one sent off to Accuracy Systems and after close to 2 grand, had a Mini that would outshoot most 223 bolt guns. That was a PDog killing machine. I watched Harry smoke dogs out to 800 yards with that gem. Last I heard, his son was doing the same on the same town with the same rifle and load his dad did.

End of world gun? Never. Shit happening all over the world ever happens in the states, I'll have more than plenty parts and mags to pick up with a Plastic 15

If I wanted a range toy or 5.56 hog smacker inside 200 yards, I'd get a Mini 8 days a week just for the pure sexiness.

Last edited:
I am not sure if the mini 14 is gay or retarded or possibly both. But it would be pretty cool if they were still cheap.

So far I got:

Gay:
Proprietary mags
20 rounds
Common in prisons
The stock
The tactical version
Expensive

Retarded
Not an AR mag
Shifting point of aim
Weird optics mounting
Cast parts

Can anyone help me out with their thoughts and opinions?

Ruger makes 5's (swore they did 10's early on??), 20's and 30's. Only 30 that I could ever get to work with a damn
Prisons are mostly state and fed. When I worked at Eldorado Max, we carried them along with GP100's Apparently several do, as the Border Patrol had a half billon of those damn things lying around they sold for pennies to us and other Prisons.
Stock is the tits in my opinion. It's like an M1A/M14. Put an optic on it, it blows. Irons, it rocks
The Tactical Version was kinda meh.
They used to be decent, but when Plastic 15's started becoming non available to several states, I think the mini was the next best thing.

If Ruger designed that to use a GI standard mag, 50% of the Mini's issues would have been fixed overnight
The barrel band I "think" was an issue causing them. I "think" that has been fixed?
The non Ranch models kinda suck for mounting an optic, but the Ranch solved that. I had a pic rail that would mount to the Ranch's mounts, but it made the optic that much higher.
Ruger is known for cast junk. Wish that would have never been invented.

Last edited:
AC556s used to be about the best deal in the NFA world IMO. They were a fraction of the cost of other rifles and had factory support still. Then factory support went away and prices skyrocketed. I was saving up for one then all that happened and well, not so much any more.
My previous Department had 3. They were a hoot! with the shitty accuracy ours had and wonky recoil it had, ours were best suited for A-Team scenarios only. They were scrapped for Sig's right before I left. Cutting them up was the worst experience of my life next to losing a loved one.

I think that makes the AR more versatile in the Heinleinian sense "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Plus remember who chooses a Mini 14 because his coastguard boyfriend was killed by an M16. That gun said "Sorry sodomite, I will not defend you." And jammed which makes the AR homophobic AF
Well, a transvestite would come in pretty handy too, if you use that logic and don't mind getting a little dirty.

Well, a transvestite would come in pretty handy too, if you use that logic and don't mind getting a little dirty.
This is why you should get back into politics.

That's the kind of out of the box thinking that presidents do.

1705508117814.png

Looking at a Mini-14 is like looking at gay midget sex. Even the folding stock GB with it's little pistol grip, trying all hard to look like an M-14 E2, is a pathetic attempt to force regular folks to accept midget crossdressing!

Two comments in and you haven’t even alluded to rimming yet. You need some red meat

Last edited:
I've always appreciated the Garand action. Sexy, gorgeous always blows my kilt up. I didn't appreciate the proprietary mags that only worked with Ruger branded (clean) mags and the lack of accuracy.

My reloading mentor had one sent off to Accuracy Systems and after close to 2 grand, had a Mini that would outshoot most 223 bolt guns. That was a PDog killing machine. I watched Harry smoke dogs out to 800 yards with that gem. Last I heard, his son was doing the same on the same town with the same rifle and load his dad did.

End of world gun? Never. Shit happening all over the world ever happens in the states, I'll have more than plenty parts and mags to pick up with a Plastic 15

If I wanted a range toy or 5.56 hog smacker inside 200 yards, I'd get a Mini 8 days a week just for the pure sexiness.

I have a couple of emails to and from that guy from several years ago. Did he use to be in Utah or some such? I don't recall him being in CO when I was talking to him. Been a long time and my memory is shit, maybe he was always in CO. Anyway, don't matter, but yeah, he wanted like $700 to turn a 580 series into something that wouldn't spit bullets. I just bought an AR instead. I still have all my 14's. They're fun to shoot if you don't mind missing.

I have a couple of emails to and from that guy from several years ago. Did he use to be in Utah or some such? I don't recall him being in CO when I was talking to him. Been a long time and my memory is shit, maybe he was always in CO. Anyway, don't matter, but yeah, he wanted like $700 to turn a 580 series into something that wouldn't spit bullets. I just bought an AR instead. I still have all my 14's. They're fun to shoot if you don't mind missing.
I was almost sure it was Odessa Texas. I remember Harry talking about going to Texas for it

I was almost sure it was Odessa Texas. I remember Harry talking about going to Texas for it

Nah, this guy has always been up North somewhere. It was long enough ago that I was using a different email that I can no longer access. I think I copied and pasted them somewhere, but I'll kiss your pussy if I can find them.