What's new

Is the Mini 14 gay or retarded?

Nah, this guy has always been up North somewhere. It was long enough ago that I was using a different email that I can no longer access. I think I copied and pasted them somewhere, but I'll kiss your pussy if I can find them.
Ed Ennis of accuracy systems Inc in Byers, CO?

Ed Ennis of accuracy systems Inc in Byers, CO?

I don't remember the guy being in CO originally, but it's the exact same website so it's the same outfit. I wish I could find those emails.

It was a long, long time ago. I'm a little surprised the guy is still alive and in bizness.

He sent me a long list of what he would /could do to make it more accurate, along with the prices. It was cheaper for me to buy a 6920 so that's what I did.

I really wanted the mini to be a better rifle, but I wasn't willing to throw all that money at a relatively inexpensive rifle to make it something it wasn't when I could get better accuracy out of an off the shelf AR. Didn't seem prudent to me.

I found the guy on a different forum. Perfectunion.com or some such that was all about the mini's. I found them when I went looking for something to make mine stop spitting bullets.

Been forever. I no longer give a shit, and I certainly couldn't give two, about making the little rifle more accurate. It is what it is, and I have moved on from making it what it ain't. If I desperately want something dead and it's more than 75 yards away I'm reaching for a different tool, unless it's all I've got.

I don't remember the guy being in CO originally, but it's the exact same website so it's the same outfit. I wish I could find those emails.

It was a long, long time ago. I'm a little surprised the guy is still alive and in bizness.

He sent me a long list of what he would /could do to make it more accurate, along with the prices. It was cheaper for me to buy a 6920 so that's what I did.

I really wanted the mini to be a better rifle, but I wasn't willing to throw all that money at a relatively inexpensive rifle to make it something it wasn't when I could get better accuracy out of an off the shelf AR. Didn't seem prudent to me.

I found the guy on a different forum. Perfectunion.com or some such that was all about the mini's. I found them when I went looking for something to make mine stop spitting bullets.

Been forever. I no longer give a shit, and I certainly couldn't give two, about making the little rifle more accurate. It is what it is, and I have moved on from making it what it ain't. If I desperately want something dead and it's more than 75 yards away I'm reaching for a different tool, unless it's all I've got.
im an idiot, i somehow missed that jayhawk had already mentioned accuracy systems inc. im glad i didnt know about perfectunion back when, i probably wouldve wasted money with them too.

I'll tell you what my mini would do that mine nor all of by buddies AR's would do. It would eat that shitty assed steel case ammo like nobody's bizness, and throw those spent cases all over hell and half of Georgia. The damn things will eat anything, but you don't want to be standing within 20 yards of the ejection port cause it will ring your bell with a smokin' hot spent case.

My boys B.A. Baracus, Tempelton Peck, and Howling Mad Murdock love them......we were special forces in Nam. We use our Minis because we saw too many boys go down after their ARs jammed..... but that's Special Forces life. We were a crack commando unit, jailed for a crime we didn't commit, we escaped to the Los Angeles underground. Still wanted by the government, we survive as Soldiers of Fortune.

Funny

I think this guy may be gay and retarded...Rock n Lock mag change, Fuck Yeah!!

Last edited:
I think that makes the AR more versatile in the Heinleinian sense "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Plus remember who chooses a Mini 14 because his coastguard boyfriend was killed by an M16. That gun said "Sorry sodomite, I will not defend you." And jammed which makes the AR homophobic AF
Youre getting me all riled up with Heinlen quotes, you scoundrel.

I’ve used my mid90s manufactured Ranch Rifle to kill coyotes all over the state. They are way overpriced now.
i shot some Russian steel cased 223 and it was inaccurate. Sparks flew with ejection but the rifle functioned fine. The ammo is underpowered so my zero was crap. My son won one of the newer ones from Fred Baker at the Friends of the NRA banquet 10 years ago or so. It is a much better rifle than my Ranch Rifle. But they sure aren’t what they cost now.

My brother did get Accuracy Systems to redo a Mini I think 183 series ranch rifle. That rifle would do about 1 MOA. he has shot lots of Prairie dogs with it, and we found several things. It would shoot relatively well off a day pack or soft shooting bag, but it hated having a Bi-pod put on it. It like to spit extractors, and as mentioned never be on the ejection side of it unless you like pain. It was very finicky as to ammo and it only really liked flat based bullets. All in all kinda neat, and he still has it, but after J.P. built him a rifle (yeah he shoots a bit too) I don't think it's had a single round down it

Sweet jeebus! I’m going to have to find Brown Bess dress up kits for my poor Minis so they can go outside without shame. 😆