What's new

Kershaw Lifetime Sharpening

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally bit the bullet and sent a handful of Kershaws in for their "free lifetime sharpening".

They received the knives on 3/19/2024 and I got them back today, 4/8/2024.

You pay shipping there, and $7 return shipping. The Tanto Blur had the tip chipped off and it's been "sharpened out" to a point. That Blur, as well as the Blackout had worn torsion bars for the assisted opening that they repaired or replaced (those two are the oldest of the bunch, both 15-20yrs old). The other two Blurs (olive) and Launch 1 (automatic) got standard sharpening.

Pretty satisfied with the results. Factory edge on 5 knives and a "tune up" on two of them, for the cost of round trip shipping ain't too bad!

I'm glad to have them back though as these have been my 5 carry knives since I got them. The Blackout is probably nearing 20yrs old now and is the one that got me into Kershaw.

So, now ya know!!

Top to bottom:

Launch 1
Blur Olive
Blur Olive
Tanto Blur
Blackout 20240408_180429.jpg20240408_180500.jpg20240408_180512.jpg

Last edited:
Hellofadeal,

Me, I'm cheap, I still sharpen knives at the house while watching tv.

Hellofadeal,

Me, I'm cheap, I still sharpen knives at the house while watching tv.

I never have been able to get a good edge. Sure, they become less dull...but never what I'd consider sharp.

I never have been able to get a good edge. Sure, they become less dull...but never what I'd consider sharp.
Get yourself a lansky fixed angle 3 or 5 stone knife sharpening kit. They are priced fairly cheap, and are pretty decent sharpening kits.

I've had two of these kits, my first 3 stone kit lasted approx 10 years before I dropped the med stone & broke it,

So I bought a 5 stone kit, it's 20+ years old and still gets used often.

Most knife blades are sharpened easily with this kit,
20deg for kitchen, boning, filet knives,
25deg for pocket, skinning & utility knives.

I have an old harbor freight electric 8" water cooled whetstone, I use it to put an edge & angle on extra dull blades.

IMG_5238.png

I’ve tried stone and other stuff. But this for the monies ($60ish) is the best thing I’ve found. Maybe I just need a better teacher for stones, but this is fool proof!