What's new

Kestrel 5700

Heck yeah!! I need one of these too. I was always hung up on whether or not to get the one with applied ballistics.

Ya. Forgot to add it bluetooth’s to your phone. you can see what’s going on from your phone with the kestrel mounted. Just need to figure it all out

Kestrel stuff is really first rate. I've had a 3500 for over 20 years and it still works great. This thread reminded me to "whip it out" and check the battery. I did and a tab on the battery door cover broke. Replacements are $5 with free shipping from Kestrel. And you can use Id.me for a military/responder discount of 10%. Pretty doggone good service.

Cool Christmas gift!

Edited: They have a trade-in program, too. I may send my 3500 in for an upgrade at some point. Being an ex-weather forecaster mine is just for hobby weather observing.

I got this Kestrel for Christmas. Now I just need to learn how to use it.
Lemme know what you need to know. How many guns can you load on it? 3? Or 30?

I was gonna get one back when they were bundled with the Bushnell Conx and I guess they can be paired to give shooting solutions. I never did. I did pick up a Conx from some random guy a while back. I still haven’t even used it.

Lemme know what you need to know. How many guns can you load on it? 3? Or 30?
I think the kestrel can hold 3. but can load more on my phone and send them to the kestrel.

There are no numbers. How do you make calls?

I think the kestrel can hold 3. but can load more on my phone and send them to the kestrel.
Ok, so you have the basic 5700, not the Elite or X?
If so, it can only hold 3 guns at a time. You can build an assload on the app, but you'll only be able to load a max of three unless you upgrade.

Go to the App store or Play and DL the App, then
Go to Kestrel's site and go through their "schoolhouse" and their virtual classes.

Ok, so you have the basic 5700, not the Elite or X?
If so, it can only hold 3 guns at a time. You can build an assload on the app, but you'll only be able to load a max of three unless you upgrade.

Go to the App store or Play and DL the App, then
Go to Kestrel's site and go through their "schoolhouse" and their virtual classes.

I got the app on my phone. I’ll watch the videos. Thanks for the help. I know who I’m going to contact if I have questions 🤣

I'd recommend reading through the manual to understand its basic functions. Then, practice inputting your gun's ballistics data and playing around with the different settings. There are also some great online tutorials and videos that can walk you through the process step by step.As for the KestrelMet 6000 Cellular Weather Station, I've been eyeing that one too. It seems like a convenient and reliable option, especially with its remote tracking capabilities. If you're thinking about getting one, I'd say go for it. It could be a valuable addition to your gear, especially if you're into outdoor activities or shooting sports.

Last edited: