What's new

Sporting Clays at Silver Leaf Shotgun Club

ClintC

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I enjoy sporting clays with a group of frens. a trip out to silver leaf shotgun club. It’s a great time to spend a day shooting the shit and pulling the trigger. Last time I was there, a friend and I rented a golf cart to get to different stages. It’s a great way to learn how to lead and fallow through on a targets. Haven’t been out there in a couple of years. just bring what you get and have fun.

I should go more often, it only 2 miles from me. I always enjoy it!

Sweetwater Springs??

Canyon Creek. Directly across the highway

I really enjoy sporting clays, shotgun sports in general. Before kids, I’d shoot a couple rounds a week, splitting rounds between quail ridge and silver leaf. But I think I’ve gone 6 times in the last four years. Last couple of times I went to silver leaf, I shot pretty well. Last time I shot clays was last month at quail ridge- I got my ass kicked by that place. It was hella fun, but I need more practice.

Frens and clays sounds like a good day.

OKC Gun club has 5 stand once a month. It is fun, but it does fill up fast usually on a Sunday in the afternoon. Next notice I get for it I'll post it here! It's like $5 a stand (25 rounds)

OKC Gun club has 5 stand once a month. It is fun, but it does fill up fast usually on a Sunday in the afternoon. Next notice I get for it I'll post it here! It's like $5 a stand (25 rounds)
Do you have to be a member to shoot that? Or is that one open to the public?

Open as far as I know, but I can check on that for ya.

Open to all! Just checked. I like to humiliate myself there whenever I'm in town and it's going on!
Thank you for checking on that. Much appreciated!

Jolleys used to be across Hiawassee from the OKC shotgun range. That was a great golf course, really had a lot of fun there. That one in Chandler, southern Ranch (?) was a very good one too. I’ve never shot at Silver Leaf and was tokd it was private, I’m glad it’s open to the public. I’ve run the mibile YHEC 5 stand a few times but never actually shot the full course. The places we've set it up made a huge difference In how much fun the kids had.
The terrain really made Jolley’s the great place to shoot. Is Silver Leaf pretty versatile in terrain?

Silver leaf has a decent mix of terrain. I can only speak to the public silver and gold courses- It’s pretty heavily forested, but there are several more open stands and there’s some elevation change/creek bottom. Im unfamiliar with jollies, so I can’t make a comparison. But it sounds similar according to your description.

Silver leaf has a decent mix of terrain. I can only speak to the public silver and gold courses- It’s pretty heavily forested, but there are several more open stands and there’s some elevation change/creek bottom. Im unfamiliar with jollies, so I can’t make a comparison. But it sounds similar according to your description.
It got bought up and shut down. A now dead oil field tycoon bought up a lot of property around Arcadia and that was one of them. My son and I would run out there to shoot every once in a while, the wife going occasionally. Just really enjoyed the place.

Ok 5-stand at OKC Gun Club on the 18th. Starts around noon. Clays cost a bit more so they had to up the cost to $8.00 per round.

Which of the clays courses require memberships and which ones are open to the public? I have driven past one on Choctaw road and there’s supposed to be one over by the lake west of Shawnee. It’s really not that far to Arcadia since they put that turnpike extension in. I got a membership at tri-city the year after I moved here and never crossed the gate with work and home dominating my days. I’m kind of curious if I can even hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle after having lense replacements a couple of years ago. The kid is finally interested in shooting, but he’s kind of behind the curve. The exposure would do him good. I’d love to meet up and put names and faces together and see if I have a few golden bbs left in the pouch.

At silver leaf, the silver and gold courses are public. The platinum course(s?) are member only.

At quail ridge (west of Shawnee), I believe all courses are open to the public- or they atleast used to be.

TIL all of that ^

I've only shot it a couple times when I was hosting customers at a corporate outing, but it was a lot of fun.

Warmed up out on the houses with a "flury" maybe, then shot a course. Had a blast. So did all of our customers.

Quail Ridge on Mcloud road is a great one. I havent been in a while but used to shoot there every weekend. The terrain can be challenging and sometimes they set up some quick close ones that really test your reflexes.