What's new

Picked up a Bucket List shotgun yesterday

rockchalk06

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Staff member
Administrator
Fren
Met up with a buddy to shoot some clays on Sunday and get a chance to shoot this O&U. We had been working on a trade and came to a deal. I've been wanting a nice 20 O&U for some time, but not willing to spend the money for something nice. This was a really good deal for me and I couldn't be happier. Shot 25 rounds through it. Took a few shots to get my POA down as I'm used to a lower hold on my SBE3, but I was smoking birds after that. Put a full in the bottom barrel and it holds tight!

What made me fall in love with this, was the wood. I've also never owned a Price of Wales stock before. Man is it sharp.

Anyway, here it is. Franchi Instinct XL with 28" barrels.
1708956297465.png
1708956315290.png
1708956455633.png
1708956467112.png
1708956477776.png

Hell yeah. With the amount that has gone down in price I have been really tempted to snag it up.

Beautiful shotgun! I bought a bunch of 12 at $40-50 per case back then 🥲

I bought a metric shit ton of 20 Gauge shells right before the rona panic. I plan to shoot it quite a bit.
Yeah I’m ready to get this house buying process done so I can stock back up on just about everything. I haven’t had time to shoot for a while, but my stores are a loooooottttttt lower than I like them to be.

Met up with a buddy to shoot some clays on Sunday and get a chance to shoot this O&U. We had been working on a trade and came to a deal. I've been wanting a nice 20 O&U for some time, but not willing to spend the money for something nice. This was a really good deal for me and I couldn't be happier. Shot 25 rounds through it. Took a few shots to get my POA down as I'm used to a lower hold on my SBE3, but I was smoking birds after that. Put a full in the bottom barrel and it holds tight!

What made me fall in love with this, was the wood. I've also never owned a Price of Wales stock before. Man is it sharp.

Anyway, here it is. Franchi Instinct XL with 28" barrels.
View attachment 3876
View attachment 3877
View attachment 3878
View attachment 3879
View attachment 3880
He should have had you take photos of this for his ad, it would’ve been gone a long time ago. That’s a fine looking gun! What case is that?

He should have had you take photos of this for his ad, it would’ve been gone a long time ago. That’s a fine looking gun! What case is that?
Ya, Ryan isn't the best photographer lol

Thank you. I'm tickled to death with it. It very well could end up heirloom status like my SBE3.

It's a Game Winner brand. Kind of a knock off of Boyt.

Sweet, always wanted a o/u but never could find one I was willing to the asking price for.

I've had to stick with my single shot breakover, sxs savage, pump and semi auto.

The sxs is nice & fun in the field quail hunting, but quails have been sparse for quite sometime now around my woods

Anyone ever buy one of one the turkish o/u?

I almost bought one a while back, and should have, but I wanted to check around, and by time I went back it was gone.

Anyone ever buy one of one the turkish o/u?

I almost bought one a while back, and should have, but I wanted to check around, and by time I went back it was gone.
Near as I can tell the Turks are way ahead of where the Spanish were thirty or forty years ago. Go check prices on Spanish guns now. They aren’t bashful at all. I have several acquaintances whose kids are shooting the Yildiz guns that Academy carries in school leagues and I’ve yet to hear a bad word. If they drop a 28 SxS I will be on that like a duck on a junebug. Only thing I’ve seen that I don’t like is the dot pen stencil import marks, but for a field gun I can live with it.

I’m tickled stoopit that the Franchi found a good home. Ditto on the photos. I only thought it looked good before.