What's new

Going to test out Rossi's warranty service

rockchalk06

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Staff member
Administrator
Fren
I had posted a few days ago asking if an O-Ring could cause a baffle strike. I appreciate the responses. Well, this past Saturday, I removed the O-Ring and tried again. Same thing. Two baffle strikes and rounds were keyholing. Took the can off and racked open the chamber. Took at look at the bore and couldn't believe what I saw. I had to have someone else look at it to make sure I wasn't crazy.

1706535062637.png

Just got off the phone with Rossi CS and while it was a bit robotic, I did receive a return label with a quoted 4-6 week turn around. CS Lady was pretty decent.

Lets see how his goes. This entire fucking experience from start to now has been a depressing shit show. Buds Gun shop can sit on it and rotate. Lets hope Rossi isn't the same.

I had posted a few days ago asking if an O-Ring could cause a baffle strike. I appreciate the responses. Well, this past Saturday, I removed the O-Ring and tried again. Same thing. Two baffle strikes and rounds were keyholing. Took the can off and racked open the chamber. Took at look at the bore and couldn't believe what I saw. I had to have someone else look at it to make sure I wasn't crazy.

View attachment 2753

Just got off the phone with Rossi CS and while it was a bit robotic, I did receive a return label with a quoted 4-6 week turn around. CS Lady was pretty decent.

Lets see how his goes. This entire fucking experience from start to now has been a depressing shit show. Buds Gun shop can sit on it and rotate. Lets hope Rossi isn't the same.
I know your can is fine, but I would get them to foot the bill on that thing too.

View attachment 2753

Wow. What is center and how off is it?

I would say that the bore is probably not off center. The threading is. I bet they're all like that from Rossi OR this one slipped through QC. But I bet they're all like that.

Maybe they don’t thread concentric to the bore??
If they’re aren’t,you should hear things.

Last edited:
I’ve seen Remington shotgun and rifle barrels that were bored and turned off center, wall thickness on the barrel not uniform in the circumference.
It is not really that uncommon. I’ve sent a couple of AR barrels back I’ve ordered that were visually off center like that Rossi.
FYI that supposedly doesn’t happen with hammered barrels, only the button cut barrels.

Last edited:
I’ve seen Remington shotgun and rifle barrels that were bored and turned off center, wall thickness on the barrel not uniform in the circumference.
It is not really that uncommon. I’ve sent a couple of AR barrels back I’ve ordered that were visually off center like that Rossi.
FYI that supposedly doesn’t happen with hammered barrels, only the button cut barrels.
This was my first (that I know of) since I stuck a can on it. Most of my breaks in the past, I probably wouldn't have caught it. It's something to look for now for sure

This was my first (that I know of) since I stuck a can on it. Most of my breaks in the past, I probably wouldn't have caught it. It's something to look for now for sure
I got a H S Precision stock for a left hand REM 700 long action. I had Steve Baldwin true the action and a Kreiger barrel chambered in 30/06. Couldn’t get the SOB to group how it should have.
The aluminum bedding block was not cut concentric to the action. It was off by at least .015”. They wouldn’t take it back. I made a brass lap and spent at least 20 hours trying to get it to work. It improved some but didn’t shoot like it should have until I put plastic shims under the action, between it and the bedding block. Then it shot lights out with almost anything I put in the rifle.
Those off centered actions and barrels can cause all kinds of problems. Asked a Remington representative how it happened and he couldn’t say.
A tool maker told me if it was hand worked they were probably using a 3 jaw chuck instead of a 4 jaw chuck and were sloppy on set up.
How it happens with the digital controlled equipment is really difficult to explain but it basically is worn out cutting tools in the machines.

March 26th, I still had not heard jack from Rossi on this rifle so I called them. CS finally admitted the barrel was threaded incorrectly. They had a large order of replacement barrels on backorder and were awaiting it. No answer when I asked why the hell is no one updating me on this issue.

Called today and was sent to CS manager. They have offered me an option of replacement since the barrels have not been received yet. She said this could be another 6-8 weeks as they have to order the rifle from Brazil and wait to get it in stock. Gave them my FFL's info. They will either send a replacement rifle or replace the barrel now. Which ever comes in first.

This company is staffed by inbreeders who do not communicate. It's like a scene from Idiocracy

Sucks man, hopefully they don't drag this out too much longer.
Indeed.

Just wondering if this is the beginning of a larger recall on these. There are a few videos on them out there, and most have comments of issues like mine.

I'll be "that guy" for a minute, so apologies in advance.

While drooling over a lever gun suppressor host, getting a Rossi was very tempting. They were more available and half the price. Kinda glad I held out for a Henry. From the sounds of your posts, this isn't necessarily a fluke/bad luck.

I'll be "that guy" for a minute, so apologies in advance.

While drooling over a lever gun suppressor host, getting a Rossi was very tempting. They were more available and half the price. Kinda glad I held out for a Henry. From the sounds of your posts, this isn't necessarily a fluke/bad luck.
My knowledge was and still is pretty limited on Lever Guns. Had I known the Rossi issues, I would have gone the Henry Route 1000%. I have 4 of them now and super happy with all. Only complaint is the slop in the lever, but that is fixed pretty quick with shims.