What's new

Going to test out RCBS's warranty again

rockchalk06

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Staff member
Administrator
Fren
Trim Pro 2 universal case holder shelf sheard off while pulling a .30-30 case out. Sheared the heads off both shafts, ripping them from the shelf. I don't think it was from pulling the case, I think they thing had finally shit out and gave out when I put a little pressure on it.

I've never been 100% impressed with how the cases went in and out of the shelf. Once in, it trims, chamfers and deburs very nicely. RCBS dude is supposed to send me an email to attach some pictures and get the pieces out.

1709152196166.png

1709152352457.png
1709152367561.png

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I like that I dont need to change shell holders ever, but also my arm hurts using it after a while :LOL:

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I like that I dont need to change shell holders ever, but also my arm hurts using it after a while :LOL:
I agree. Right now, it's the quickest way to get the results I want and I've already dropped over 250 in it with the Tri-Way heads.

Hopefully the parts they replace will ease up the tension.

Damn,

Guess I'll stick with my tried and true lee precision and dillon rt trimmers

Back in business. Parts were a little stiff, but everything works as it should. My trim length stayed the same after the install too. Did not have to adjust my cutting depth. That was a plus.
1709925684918.png

Back in business....again.
20240406_164302.jpg20240406_164307.jpg

Yes, I'd shitcan the setup in a cardboard box under the bench and invest into something else.

As I posted above, I'm still using lee and dillion trim gear.
I bought the Lyman power trimmer and the bushings needed. Not 100% happy with it though. Brass isn't as consistent and as I prefer.

Last edited:
I bought the Lyman power trimmer and the bushings needed. Not 100% happy with it though. Brass isn't as consistent and I prefer.
witch one would you go with next time? Hornady, Lyman, or RCBS.

Are you still working with the Lyman? Over all how you like it?
Kind of. My precision stuff and straight wall stuff, I'm using the RCBS. my .30-30 I've been using it.

It's a decent set up, but what I don't like is if you hold the case at an angle going in the bushing there is enough slop that you can get variances of .001-.002 on the cut.

That's why I like my dillion set up, down side it's expensive, Goddamned size/trim dies are like $75+ apiece.

Course my lee trim/cutter/studs are cheap/affordable & pretty fucking consistent with either hand turn or with my little power motor trimmer set up.

I have the Dillion 650xl.
I to many brands to choose from. I want one that I can keep around for a whiel

I was talking about the dillion rt1200 trimmer,

Dillion makes a rt1500 trimmer now