What's new

Montana Grizzly, G20 Defense of person

JCann

Reaction score
Trophy Points

It gets interesting at about the 13:30 time frame

When I was a kid I was guided by Ed Wiseman in the Sangre de Cristos for black bear. He had a run in with a a sow grizz up there and survived but had a different story. He stabbed it to death with an arrow and the feds tried to bury him out back in a coffee can. Never mind that he had been telling them for years that there were grizz in the Sangres and they kept telling him that he was full of shit.

I’m going to keep packing in case they show up in OKC.

When I was a kid I was guided by Ed Wiseman in the Sangre de Cristos for black bear. He had a run in with a a sow grizz up there and survived but had a different story. He stabbed it to death with an arrow and the feds tried to bury him out back in a coffee can. Never mind that he had been telling them for years that there were grizz in the Sangres and they kept telling him that he was full of shit.

I’m going to keep packing in case they show up in OKC.

Was a bear on the river in Norman a couple years back.

Blackbear, iirc they checked if it was from the little river zoo off 120th se.

Don't recall if it was or not

Norman, Lindsay, and Edmond, 3 separate instances. None of them big enough to take on your standard native Walmart American (assuming a full tank of oxygen and 1/2 spoon of meth).

I've only seen one Grizzly. It was from a rest area on I-90 somewhere between Missoula, MT and the Idaho state line. The bear was at least 100 yds away, across a river, with a 6' chain link fence between us. It was still too close for me.

Black bears were frequent visitors around our place in Colorado and I frequently saw them up close and personal. They never bothered me. I don't care to be eaten by a Grizzly, though. The damn moose up there are almost as mean as the Grizzly bears.