What's new

Nebraska bonus antlerless

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, I've always had free reign to pheasant and prairie dog hunt up here, but quickly found out asking to deer hunting is like asking a farmer to bang his daughter.
A coworker was talking about his place a few weeks ago, figured I'd plant the seed and let it go. Said I'd just like some doe for the freezer and he said yeah maybe we'll see and I just let it ride. Tuesday he came by, said my turn is about here and to get ready, so maybe I lucked out. He's got about 200 acres along the river and a hut about 100 yards from the treeline along the river. Anywho, kinda excited....Hopefully it works out. Gonna heck my 308 with some hunting ammo this weekend and also my blackout for backup.

Good luck! Nothing better than venison chili on a cold day.

So, I've always had free reign to pheasant and prairie dog hunt up here, but quickly found out asking to deer hunting is like asking a farmer to bang his daughter.
A coworker was talking about his place a few weeks ago, figured I'd plant the seed and let it go. Said I'd just like some doe for the freezer and he said yeah maybe we'll see and I just let it ride. Tuesday he came by, said my turn is about here and to get ready, so maybe I lucked out. He's got about 200 acres along the river and a hut about 100 yards from the treeline along the river. Anywho, kinda excited....Hopefully it works out. Gonna heck my 308 with some hunting ammo this weekend and also my blackout for backup.
Hell yeah. Good for you. I don’t ever plan to leave OK, but if I do I’m already dreading finding new places to hunt. Sounds like a good place to hunt, hope you get one.

Granted, my experience is limited, but my experience has been that doe hunting leads to buck hunting. Good luck with that too

You are going to need a heated jacket if it’s -40 🥶

You are going to need a heated jacket if it’s -40 🥶
Your going to need a lot more then a heated jacket. Have you ever tried to piss outside in weather like that.

You’re going to need a lot more than a heated jacket. Have you ever tried to piss outside in weather like that.
At minus 40, it sounds like dumping a carton of bb’s on pavement. The stream freezes before it hits the ground or atleast it did around minus 30. I got a big kick out of it the first couple times. Thanks, Minot.

Last edited:
Your going to need a lot more then a heated jacket. Have you ever tried to piss outside in weather like that.
Hell no…. The wife is Alaskan,so I’ll ask lol. My father in law worked offshore in Prudhoe Bay.He had a compressor blow because it wasn’t rated below-50

I've pheasant hunted in that weather many years ago, but it was doing small abandoned homesteads and small fields. Actually shot my first ever bird in weather like that, then got a double in the next small field 10 minutes later. Limited out in like 20 minutes....I guess I'm a good hunter when it's cold as fuck.

Ya he is for sure dreaming. i thought i lost mine when it got that cold. 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

I was being generous. That was 2" wide