What's new

Ruger American bolt

Kwaynem

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I took a snow day today and was watching some videos on polishing the Ruger American bolt to get rid of the zip sound when cycling I took a green scouring pad like you use on dishes to it with some oil and it helped quite a bit one guys video he used a buffing wheel on a bench grinder with polishing compound but looks like that compound might get down in the bolt and I’m not very steady when it comes to messing with small things I can’t hang on to them very well lol

I have 3 Ruger Americans and have never thought about doing that. Send pictures of finished product

Does anyone know if the Gen. 2 bolts are backwards compatable and any smoother? I know they also have a replaceable bolt knob and might make a nice upgrade for cheap

Does anyone know if the Gen. 2 bolts are backwards compatable and any smoother? I know they also have a replaceable bolt knob and might make a nice upgrade for cheap
Someone here got one can’t remember who but I heard they were better I think #chazro?

Yeah he has one, but doesn't have a Gen 1 to see if they're compatible. I'm guessing they are.... but would be nice to know.

from what I’m reading. Everything it still the same but better if that makes sense. I would like to get my hands on a 223, 300, or 7.62x39. And check one out. the gen 2 bolt handle should be replaceable. just un screw the knob. I more interested in v blocks and trigger. It would be a shame you can’t drop timney in one any more or use mdt and other chassis.

from what I’m reading. Everything it still the same but better if that makes sense. I would like to get my hands on a 223, 300, or 7.62x39. And check one out. the gen 2 bolt handle should be replaceable. just un screw the knob. I more interested in v blocks and trigger. It would be a shame you can’t drop timney in one any more or use mdt and other chassis.
I was in Action arms in Tulsa last Friday and he had one in 300bo. I’m pretty sure that was the cal. Yes yes it were.

I was in Action arms in Tulsa last Friday and he had one in 300bo. I’m pretty sure that was the cal. Yes yes it were.
Is that place as cool as their Facebook makes them seem? I keep meaning to swing by and always forget

I may have to give the Gen 2 a shot. I had the first one in .300 BO and it was supposed to a sub host for my can. Between the grittiness of the bolt/action and the fact that the round (My Subs) had well over 30" of drop from 100 yards to 150, I ditched it.