What's new

Shooting sled at Powder Valley $42

Cowcatcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I almost ordered one of these last night as I was ordering bullets from PV. Then I got to thinking I’d likely never use it. But for $40? For a 35 pound sled? Plus I was getting free shipping? No I still passed on it because I don’t think I’ll use it. Check reviews for yourself. It could be junk is why it’s on clearance but hey if you want a sled then $40 ain’t very high.

EBC7073D-E0F5-42D3-A693-CB98F1182443.png

Wtf I was there 2 weeks ago and it was sitting on the checkout counter for $100+ 🤷🏻‍♂️

It seems that most of the reviews complain about the short length. I've got a chop saw, welder and lots of spare metal laying around....

I guess I will find out if its worth the 45 dollars I just spent.

Never used one before, they seemed overly spendy for what they are. I have a number of front rests and rear bags from my benchrest days that I've always used and they work fine.

However, for testing a rifle or shotgun for safety, this might be a hell of a lot better than strapping it to a tire haha

Nothing compares to a good bipod and a solid rear bag for bench and belly shooting.
I've found that sleds are a PITA...they take more to get back into position and are never comfortable. That looks a little janky anyway.

I can’t ever get a good cheek well on one so I know I’ll shoot different when I shoot without out it so don’t use one unless I’m trying to get a scope close then I’ll move the crosshairs over to where my shot hit

It seems that most of the reviews complain about the short length. I've got a chop saw, welder and lots of spare metal laying around....

I guess I will find out if its worth the 45 dollars I just spent.
Did you get it yet?

just picked it up today on my way back from Nebraska. Haven't even pulled it out of the box yet. I'll let ya know what I think when I get it together and decide how to lengthen it.

Welp, got it unboxed and assembled. Not impressed, even at the 42 dollar price point. It is too short, I'll have to lengthen it by six inches or so. The picture shows it on a Benjamin air rifle, but it's an adult air rifle so keep that in mind. More concerning that the length is the shoddy build quality, PITA assembly and the slop in the front windage adjustment. Also, there is no way to keep the butt of the rifle tight, it just rests in the rubber cup. Mostly, I was kinda amazed at how poorly thought out it is. I figured that wouldn't be great, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it is.

That being said, I can make it work but will just be a cobbled together POS that will suit my needs instead of just a POS that sits in the back of the shop. And, as I said earlier, it beats strapping a rifle to a tire for testing....

Attachments

• 20240222_135759.jpg
    20240222_135759.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 6
Welp, got it unboxed and assembled. Not impressed, even at the 42 dollar price point. It is too short, I'll have to lengthen it by six inches or so. The picture shows it on a Benjamin air rifle, but it's an adult air rifle so keep that in mind. More concerning that the length is the shoddy build quality, PITA assembly and the slop in the front windage adjustment. Also, there is no way to keep the butt of the rifle tight, it just rests in the rubber cup. Mostly, I was kinda amazed at how poorly thought out it is. I figured that wouldn't be great, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it is.

That being said, I can make it work but will just be a cobbled together POS that will suit my needs instead of just a POS that sits in the back of the shop. And, as I said earlier, it beats strapping a rifle to a tire for testing....
Sturdy enough to clean a rifle on?

Cowcatcher sure fucked up posting this “deal”. Dumb sombitch needs his ass whipped or he should reimburse every person dissatisfied with the damn thing. If I see him I’m gonna punch him right square on the beak!

Tell us more about the tire.... I've never heard such a thing

Tell us more about the tire.... I've never heard such a thing
Well, if you are wanting to see if a rifle or shotgun is going to blow apart when fired, get a tire and stick the butt of firearm inside the tire and then strap the front to the top of the tire. Then get yourself a piece of string so you can shoot it from behind cover lol