What's new

Taurus coming out with a 10mm

Pochanaquarhip

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren

Ambi controls, frame mounted safety/decocker, definitely interesting at a $529 MSRP. Not sure I could totally trust a Taurus but they are definitely trying to put out a competitive product.

Ambi controls, frame mounted safety/decocker, definitely interesting at a $529 MSRP. Not sure I could totally trust a Taurus but they are definitely trying to put out a competitive product.
I felt the same way for years and now I trust my life to one.

All these polymer guns are the same these days. The average range-shooter won't ever abuse a gun enough to notice a difference between the brands.

All these polymer guns are the same these days. The average range-shooter won't ever abuse a gun enough to notice a difference between the brands.
Some of the brands are stepping up too. Some not though.

I was droning on the yootoobs and watched a vid on the G3 a while back, actually it was on something else high dollar but they threw in the G3 blurb at the end. The guys had never cleaned or lubed it since the took it out of the box. They had a ludicrous round count on the thing. Said they took it every trip to the range and ran at least a couple hundred rounds through it and it had never had a failure to feed or fire. Look at the Turks and Spaniards. If the politiks don’t effect you, their weapon building chops are very respectable.

• Swassssage
Reactions: JD8
I think the more, the better. Hell, even Hi-Point's 10mm has been popular. Anything to bring ammo prices down and get other quality manufactures to build one.

If someone would make (Ruger) a 10mm 10/22 type or a Level Gun in 10mm, I'd smoke plastic so fast.....

I think the more, the better. Hell, even Hi-Point's 10mm has been popular. Anything to bring ammo prices down and get other quality manufactures to build one.

If someone would make (Ruger) a 10mm 10/22 type or a Level Gun in 10mm, I'd smoke plastic so fast.....
There’s someone somewhere that does a 10mm lever gun, I can’t remember who. Higher end custom shop

There’s someone somewhere that does a 10mm lever gun, I can’t remember who. Higher end custom shop
Ranger Point Precision did, who eventually passed the work on to Grizzly customs and ended up just making parts for it or something. Sadly, RPP doesn’t make parts for it anymore and Grizzly Customs discontinued the package.

[/QUOTE]

RickN likes Taurus

I’d have to say I’ll pass. I can’t get behind Taurus pol guns for some reason.

I’d have to say I’ll pass. I can’t get behind Taurus pol guns for some reason.
Ive never been a Taurus fan. Just cant make myself trust the company.

The Taurus G2/G3 series is legit. So is anything from the PT92/99 and their little TX.22. I don't know how these will pan out but they seem to have different priorities now opposed to 10-15+ years ago.

The Taurus G2/G3 series is legit. So is anything from the PT92/99 and their little TX.22. I don't know how these will pan out but they seem to have different priorities now opposed to 10-15+ years ago.
Ownership or leadership change? I've never followed them much

I "think" so, but honestly I don't follow them too much either. I've owned some G2&G3s and the TX22. Still own the PT92. I'd trust my life to any of them, and I don't say it lightly.

They got a new CEO a year or two ago and started making some serious changes. The owner at Guys and Gals or whatever it was called up on Waterloo (wish it was still open) told me before he shut down that Taurus is really becoming a great firearm manufacturer again. He spoke highly of them. Even the revolvers.

I own a TX22 and it’s the best .22lr semi auto I’ve ever owned or shot. Fuck those Ruger Mk iv’s or whatever they are.

I really want to handle some of their 9mm options since I’ve heard they’re legit but I really don’t need anymore polymer pistols if they aren’t Glocks.