What's new

What’s a good .223 powder?

Turns out the military powders I found was a scam site. Don’t go to MidwestReloads. Scam scam scam. Thankfully I never tried to order.

Anyone had any luck with BL-C(2) in .223? Turns out I already have two pounds of it I forgot I had so kind of makes sense to stick with it if it’s a good powder for .223.

Turns out the military powders I found was a scam site. Don’t go to MidwestReloads. Scam scam scam. Thankfully I never tried to order.

Anyone had any luck with BL-C(2) in .223? Turns out I already have two pounds of it I forgot I had so kind of makes sense to stick with it if it’s a good powder for .223.
I've never used it, but I've always heard folks have a love hate relationship with it. Either it works like gold or shits the bed. No happy medium. I always had access to H335, so I never felt the urge.

Ive been using IMR 4895 for 223 but am running low. I bought 8 lbs of Varget last summer and used it in lieu of the 4895. It works absolutely fantastic for deer loads for kids. The 64 gr Nosler bonded core and 24.5 gr of the Varget is a load I’ll swear by for hogs and deer.
ETA Below is a 11 yo hunter and her gun that used that load! 😎

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpeg
    IMG_5022.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited: