What's new

Crappie Fishing

danc46

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is a 17” crappie I caught off my dock. We caught over 300 keepers last spring, I caught about 12 or more this size.
I am truly blessed to have such a good fishing spot.
I had my thumb “reconstructed” in December so I could crappie fish this spring. I had that much fun fishing off that dock.
Bass fishing is even better during spawn. 😎
IMG_0018.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure it's a hobby, it's just about the only thing other to do out here besides work. The bad part of fishing off this boat is the deck is 35' above water line. It's a bitch hauling a 70# Yellow fin up that far on marline!

Not sure it's a hobby, it's just about the only thing other to do out here besides work. The bad part of fishing off this boat is the deck is 35' above water line. It's a bitch hauling a 70# Yellow fin up that far on marline!
Worked in a Texas Tech research ship out of Galveston for a few weeks in my sophomore year ! I love fishing but I’m not crazy about 30 ft waves even in a 110 ft boat. Trout fishing in New Mexico at 10,000 ft above sea level is a whole lot more enjoyable!
4 ft white caps in a 19ft Charger/150 hp Merc is as rough as I‘d want to get!
Use to noodle and trot line for catfish in different places in Oklahoma. A 45 lb channel cat is as big as I want handle now. My brother had the state record for channel cat on rods for a few years. The record he had was 77+ out of El Reno lake. His stringer that day was over 200lbs with 5 cats. My biggest fish in the last few years was a30-35 lb carp I snagged with a crappie jig on 10 lb test. Took me 30 minutes to get it out of the water. I put in back in my lake.

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpeg
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2