What's new

Morels

All my life growing up on the farm and trudging threw the sticks, I've never seen one or eaten one. I have a hunting buddy who would drag his sack through 20 miles of sand plums to eat one.

You finding them down low in the bottoms or up on south facing slopes? Or elsewhere?
Up on the top I’d call it. This area runs slightly down hill. I’d call it north facing. Looked down in the bottom but found none. I’ve exhausted myself trying the south facing slope idea and it really hasn’t panned out. I really can’t get a grasp on what “terrain” they like. We find them in all types.

How common are false morels here? Most of the bad ones I see online seem easy to spot, but a few, not so much.

Id like to see if could find some, but I'd rather not identify the bad ones by projectile vomiting.

Up on the top I’d call it. This area runs slightly down hill. I’d call it north facing. Looked down in the bottom but found none. I’ve exhausted myself trying the south facing slope idea and it really hasn’t panned out. I really can’t get a grasp on what “terrain” they like. We find them in all types.
I’m not sure why I asked, haha. I don’t think there’s much rhyme or reason to where we find them a lot of times.

I haven’t ever ate any morels raw lol they will make you sick if you eat too many they are pretty rich I have ate a shit load and never been sick

So I’ve covered many a mile looking looking for these elusive bastards and seen nary a one. Today I was out clearing some brush from the fence line next to my driveway, looked down and there were 3 big fat ones right in my yard. One was the size of my fist. Go figure.:confused:

I just got back from hunting. I found 8 medium sized ones. The first I've found in this spot this year. They probably needed picking a day or two ago. They were starting to turn a little brown on the edges. Hope they still taste good.