What's new

One of my 80% Pistol Builds

Pin holes look good. Did you use a drill press or a dremel press?
Drill press, the same one I used building AKs. Ndenway, my brother L, did quite a few of those too.

Drill press, the same one I used building AKs. Ndenway, my brother L, did quite a few of those too.
This kind of ties in to a question of mine. The kits come with all the tooling, do you use what they send or tool it yourself? I’m kind of inclined to drill undersized and ream up, but I’m not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze all other variables considered.

Used the jig they came with (used to?). Being plastic they're not great at aligning the bit while drilling. Id consider it more of a sighting tool to center your bit with. An undersized bit and reamer is a good idea. Marinegunbuilder had some thorough build videos floating around at one point. I find the ergos of the PSA dagger grip is better than the p80s.

Last edited:
I started watching MGB a while back. That’s kind of what got me over the hump on deciding to try it. Initially I had been chasing down all the stuff to build 80% 2011s. For the cost of just the tooling and jigs you can just about fill the coat closet with Polymer 80s. I completely agree on the improved ergos.

Gaston had little eurofreak hands and the Teutonic predilection for large black things…

Pin holes look good. Did you use a drill press or a dremel press?
I used a drill press, the jigs and drill bits that came with the kits. Using a dremel tool to open up the recoil spring channel cost me a frame. I used a rat tail file and ablind square file that had 3 blank sides to do the rest of them.

Last edited:
Here are all four I built. The two on the left are 10mm, the one on top is a 21 slide with a 10mm conversion barrel. It too can shoot 45 acp with the right barrel in it. It has been broken in with 400-500 rounds through it. The 10mms are running 20lb recoil springs, the 45s 16 lb springs.
I bought several different weight recoil spring set ups to see which functioned the best. I’ve got a small tool box with various parts in it fro these Glock clones in case I need to tinker with them at the range. It’s been fun but off and on this past year because of a heart procedure, radiation treatments, cataract surgery, hand surgery etc.
Been keeping the docs busy! All told I probably have $2500 or so tied up in those 4 handguns, not including ammo.
Like I said I still need to tweak trigger on the compensated green dotted 45 and shoot the others to insure reliability!
ETA I used a sharpie to mark the base plates in the mags to differentiate the 45s from the 10s

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 2