What's new

Started drawing a plan for another shooting bench

Cowcatcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Drew me up a sketch today. You’ll notice a couple red notes of alteration. I’ve got drop materials from a deck project I built which includes 2x6 rectangle tubing and composite decking. I’ve also got some 3” cee purlin drop that can be used up. I think I’ll build this in the shop this week since it’s gonna be so cold. Hell I’ll probably damn near build it tomorrow. I only drew the top view and have the rest in my head. I built a wooden T shaped one last year that will accommodate a right or left handed shooter. Everyone that shoots with me shoots right and the one good bench isn’t enough room so I’m gonna build this double as pictured. The seats aren’t drawn and I’ve got a couple ideas in mind. I do not want a bench seat that has to be stepped over. Probably a pedestal seat and it might swing. Anyhow thought I might keep the progress here. Im sure y’all noticed at the other place……….I build lots of shit. Lol
8E74DA9E-46E5-4F81-88B4-540CE280D6B1.jpeg

...The seats aren’t drawn and I’ve got a couple ideas in mind. I do not want a bench seat that has to be stepped over. Probably a pedestal seat and it might swing. Anyhow thought I might keep the progress here. Im sure y’all noticed at the other place...
I don't think you step over this kind? 😆
Screenshot_20240114-110704~2.png

Did you ever finish the drawing?

I had a buddy send me some pics of a range trip he went to. One of the guys had a low deck height flat bed with three shooting positions down one side, flip down stairs, screw down jacks on the corners to stabilize it and a wind up awning. I have been looking high and low and can’t find the pics. I figured it would be right in your wheelhouse to modify and improve the design.

Did you ever finish the drawing?

I had a buddy send me some pics of a range trip he went to. One of the guys had a low deck height flat bed with three shooting positions down one side, flip down stairs, screw down jacks on the corners to stabilize it and a wind up awning. I have been looking high and low and can’t find the pics. I figured it would be right in your wheelhouse to modify and improve the design.
I just drew what’s above. I haven’t started building it yet.

I just drew what’s above. I haven’t started building it yet.
I figured if I waited a day or two before I jumped in you’d already have it painted and sold to start on version two. LOL I reckon the frozen tanks have you hobbled a bit.

I figured if I waited a day or two before I jumped in you’d already have it painted and sold to start on version two. LOL I reckon the frozen tanks have you hobbled a bit.
Yeah even though the shop is insulated and I could fire up one or three heat sources and make it tshirt weather in there I just haven’t craved it yet. By the time I spend 4 or 5 hours out in the elements I just want to go sit at the house and be warm and bored. However, the boredom is starting to get old so I might get the project fired up this week.

Damn you even fabricated your own jack stands.
Yeah I built them before I started the pool deck cover project. They were a lifesaver. Been gonna build them for several years. Often I’d talk myself out of building them and say I’d buy some. Then I wasn’t willing to spend money on em. So I had some short drop pipe and square tube left from another project that I formed into these jack stands. My back and knees appreciate it. I’ve crawled on the ground too much and I’m not going to anymore if I can keep from it.