What's new

Range Day Pic Thread

conditionzero

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Staff member
Administrator
Fren
Got out to the range with a few folks today. We did some confirmation testing at 100 and 300. After that we headed out to kick some 1000 yard butt. There were some pretty good winds too, but I think we did pretty well regardless.

1704665015598.png
1704665297096.png
1704665455153.png

This little O’l Ruger American sent some round to 1k today. Great time.
Say what? I can't hear anything from that break :oops:

That it did! Held super tight at 300 and I couldn't figure why I couldn't spot your misses on the steel. Once you moved to the shot marker I understood. You were blowing holes in the 10 ring!

I’m curious what you think about the Garmin now that you have a little time behind it. Does it seem to grab the data more reliably than the Labradar?

I’m curious what you think about the Garmin now that you have a little time behind it. Does it seem to grab the data more reliably than the Labradar?
I’m really thinking I should join the club and own one. I finally found a place that supposedly has 70 in stock. Looks like $594 delivered

I’m really thinking I should join the club and own one. I finally found a place that supposedly has 70 in stock. Looks like $594 delivered
That’s the best price I have heard of for the Garmin. There’s a guy in Tulsa had some for sale for 600 on the other place. Part of me wants to ride the wave and grab a Garmin, then the tight ass part tells me to pick up a labradar cheap while everyone is bailing and deal with the deficiencies.

That’s the best price I have heard of for the Garmin. There’s a guy in Tulsa had some for sale for 600 on the other place. Part of me wants to ride the wave and grab a Garmin, then the tight ass part tells me to pick up a labradar cheap while everyone is bailing and deal with the deficiencies.
I’ve got a Caldwell. It works decent but daggum the wires and light bars and tripod and alignment. I’ve gotten to where I don’t mess with it unless I’ve got tons of time. Then there’s the worry of myself or a buddy shooting it. I’ve talked to guys with the Garmin who all say it’s no doubt troublefree super easy. I pulled the trigger.
48573B11-7872-48DB-A12D-EDA0971011DC.png

Last edited:
I have seen ladradars for sale for 400 now. Another 200 will get you the Garmin. My battery will last all day. It’s the size of a GoPro camera. It chargers using a usb cord. I can charge it in my truck or use an external battery pack. It’s easy as hell to use. I truly take it with me every time I go to the range.

I love the thing. I havent seen it miss a shot yet. Even after falling over. I'll let @conditionzero and @rockchalk06 answer this one. They both got to see it and use it.
I'm going to get one eventually. I'd for some bigger retailers to get a decent stock before I jump. I don't need one bad enough that I'm willing to pay over retail.

That said, I enjoyed using it, even though I didn't know I was. Clint had set it up on me when I was shooting my 6.5. After I realized it, I had a decent spread and could see what my bullet was doing in real time.

I really like the fact that I can run a Chrono and not mess with my POA. Quick to set up too. Plan is to get one and sell my Magnetospeed. Should offset the cost by a few hundred.

I had no plans to get a labradar. Too much bulk on the bench for me

Last edited:
I had no plans to get a labradar. Too much bulk on the bench for me
I had no idea how small the Garmins are until I saw that pic of Cowcatcher holding his with the tripod attached. That’s the perfect size for me to either lose in my range bag or overlook and leave at the range. I’m going to have to wait for the price to come down to where I can afford to lose them. 🤣

I had no idea how small the Garmins are until I saw that pic of Cowcatcher holding his with the tripod attached. That’s the perfect size for me to either lose in my range bag or overlook and leave at the range. I’m going to have to wait for the price to come down to where I can afford to lose them. 🤣
I have anxiety about that very same thing. Especially shooting with several people.

I have anxiety about that very same thing. Especially shooting with several people.
Y’all will be fine. You know you want to.

1705161833352.jpeg

I think it’d be simple enough to make an attachment bracket for pic or mlok or whatever.

I think it’d be simple enough to make an attachment bracket for pic or mlok or whatever.
Or make a kit that comes with all of the adapters. In my past life I went through tonnage of aluminum extrusion. It’s not that expensive.