What's new

Range Day Pic Thread

Yes it is. Going to find some cheaper ammo the will work with my rifle. Those prairie dogs didn’t stand a chance today. Go shoot prairie dogs it is a blast. You will run out of ammo before you know it.
Indeed.

In a former life, I had access to a few 100 acres in NW Kansas to hunt them. I spent more time cooling barrels this time of year that I did shooting.

That reminds me, I need to give me buddy Marc a call now. It's been a few years

I went out to where I shoot and my BIL built a shooting bench to shoot 200 yards something I hadn’t had the opportunity to do on paper I have shot 300 on steel so decided to try it with some reloads out of the 6.5 creedmoor the bench was a little out of level ( I’m going to use every excuse I can think of) and I forgot my bag so used my get home bag and a pair of socks out of it for the rear of the rifle I’m going back when I can get more stable I pulled the 3rd shot and knew it as soon as I pulled the trigger it’s closest to the center

Attachments

• IMG_7035.jpeg
    IMG_7035.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
I have that rifle sighted in 2”s high at 100yards I was expecting it to be more dead on as far as up and down but like I said I wasn’t very stable

I have that rifle sighted in 2”s high at 100yards I was expecting it to be more dead on as far as up and down but like I said I wasn’t very stable
Every 6.5 I've owned with a bullet moving about 2650 with a 100 yard zero needs .5 MILS at 200 or 3ish inches low

That will depend on your load and how it performs in your rifle. Weight, speed, BC all affect how it performs. I always zero long guns at 100m and have my range card start from there. I used to always zero at 200m but meh, don't need to.

That will depend on your load and how it performs in your rifle. Weight, speed, BC all affect how it performs. I always zero long guns at 100m and have my range card start from there. I used to always zero at 200m but meh, don't need to.
Right I put that all in the hornady app with some help from Clint like I was saying it might be different when I put a bipod on it tomorrow plus when I sighted it in it was back when it was cooler and the weather was different