What's new

Range Day Pic Thread

My oldest son came down today, and we had a backyard range day. Here’s some off the stuff that we shot. There was also another full table of shit that I forgot to get a photo. It was a great day.C140A17B-C70F-47CF-941A-000A00832331.jpeg

My oldest son came down today, and we had a backyard range day. Here’s some off the stuff that we shot. There was also another full table of shit that I forgot to get a photo. It was a great day.View attachment 3841
An AR and a mini14... Was Rickn and Firpo coming over? lol

I spy a Remington pump .22 we had like five of those growing up, .22lr and .22 Mag.

An AR and a mini14... Was Rickn and Firpo coming over? lol

I spy a Remington pump .22 we had like five of those growing up, .22lr and .22 Mag.
Yeah, I invited them but neither showed. RickN was probably afraid that you might be there and whup his lying ass.

The old Remington Fieldmaster has been around since I was a little one. I can’t remember if it was the first gun that I shot or a Remington 410 Wingmaster. I still have both, and I drag them out every now and then.

Yeah, I invited them but neither showed. RickN was probably afraid that you might be there and whup his lying ass.

The old Remington Fieldmaster has been around since I was a little one. I can’t remember if it was the first gun that I shot or a Remington 410 Wingmaster. I still have both, and I drag them out every now and then.
Those are my favorite .22. They never failed and were always accurate. I need to find me one

Someone's had a crappy day! (Not mine)
View attachment 4014
Looks like someone didn't inspect their brass for rings and reloaded it too many times.

Course could be from a semi with undersized to many times reloaded brass too.

Me for regular 556 & 762/308 ar's brass life is approx 3 to 5 times reloaded, garand is 3 reloaded,

Regular bolts front locking lugs with max loads approx 5 to 7 reloaded, magnums max loads 3 to 5.

Course mid range loads get several more reloads out of the brass.

Got a ruger 77 22 hornet, get 2 or 3 reloads before ring appears approx 1/8" to 3/16" above head, never had one separate did have one crack though.

But the hornet brass is a bit thin

Is that a bipod and a bag I see? Although I don't really take many range day pictures my range day was shooting a 188 round 7 stage USPSA pistol match. No benches or bipods, but lots of move and shoot and steel targets out to 40 yards or so.
View attachment 4021
I want to try that sometime

First Saturday of every month at OKC Gun Club. Bring a serviceable holster, 3-4 spare mags, about 250 rounds of ammo and have a blast. Great way to learn if your gear works, and a better group of folks would be hard to meet. Dynamic shooting is a very eye opening experience!