What's new

Rifle El Presidente

KurtM

Reaction score
Trophy Points
3 targets 1 yard a part. Range 25 yards to start.... After you get in the swing of things extend it to 50 yards.

Start facing up range... back to targets in a indoor ready.... I.E. muzzle down NOT pointing at your feet!!! Position. At start turn.. SAFELY... and engage each target with 2 rounds, do a mag change and shoot them all 2 more times. Time limit is 12 seconds, but try to be under 10 seconds

The cool part of this drill is you can modify it anyway you want..like do 2 shots to the body, but after mag change shoot heads. Instead of turning start with you rifle slung with hands not touching it etc.

Next drill will be a long soon. 😁

This is probably my most favorite drill. It's what beer shoots are made of.

Once someone learns transition and rhythm drills, one can get unbelievably fast on this drill. Way faster that someone doing doubletaps.

This is probably my most favorite drill. It's what beer shoots are made of.

Once someone learns transition and rhythm drills, one can get unbelievably fast on this drill. Way faster that someone doing doubletaps.
You mean one each two times through then a mag change?

Transition being target transition. Rhythm drills being paced firing in an actual rhythm.
On El Presidente, like Kurt said, three tgts a yard/meter ish apart. Two 6 rnd mags, two shot per tgt, mag change, and transition back across.
Most people doubletap across the tgts.
So you hear: pop-pop, transition, pop-pop, transition, pop-pop, mag change. Super fast…Distinct.

When you practice tgt transition and rhythm drills and apply it to drills like El Presidente, you will hear a slower paced: pop pop pop pop pop pop, mag change, and transition back. It will also be way faster.
Watch the guys who doubletap everything and the guys who sound like they’re blasting away…they aren’t blasting…those are paced rhythmic shots…they’re just fast. They almost always have faster times.

Add that the 25 yds/m then 50yds/m Kurt said is a PITA but better in the long run...more BRM involved IMO because you have to slow down and aim and use fundamentals.

One thing I have personally experienced that deeply affects offhand shooting is core strength or lack there of. When I was a kid my old man worked me like a borrowed mule and he certainly didn’t believe in using power equipment when you had disposable bodies standing around. When I was twelve years old I could hold my .45 Hawken offhand until the shot presented. Now days I’m shaking like a hound dog passing a peach pit trying to hold my glassed up M1A for ten minutes. Never mind spiraling down my crosshairs. This is a lot of the reason for the nascent reentry into PT.