What's new

What Optic’s are on your rifle’s.

ClintC

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I was interested to Nightforce ( shv and nx8) and Vortex (viper pst gen 1&2) several years ago. I became a fan of both when I had both fall off a shooting bench onto concrete. That was a stressful moment. I picked both rifles up and both held zero and no issues with tracking. I also have 2 sig optics(tango 4 and whiskey 4). i am impressed with sig as an optic manufacture so far. all optics are FFP and MOA. Both sig optics are mounted on 223 rifles.

I would like to upgrade to Vortex Razor's or Zero Compromise in the future, right now I running Arken.

I have an Aimpoint ACO or PRO (whichever is the cheaper model, I forget) on one and a Bushnell fixed 4X w/ a 45degree Venom mounted on the other. Kinda oddball but not everyone has those crazy budgets lol.
I guess my custom gun has a Trijicon TR-24R but that came with it

Last edited:
Vortex viper pst gen 2, vortex diamondback tactical, Arken EP5, Arken SH4J and Arken EP8. Those are my modern most used scopes. I’ve got some Nikons and Bushnell that aren’t very fancy on some of the rifles that don’t get shot much. I want to get a nightforce in some model in the near future but just hadn’t worked out for me yet.

I have a feeling my scope criteria differs from yalls just based on application. Uncomplicated and fat crosshairs with good light gathering give me a chub for hunting. But my most used scope is a Leica Ultravid 4.5-14x42. Get good service out of several Nikons/leupolds too

I had to install some mounts today so while everything was out, you can at least see my two SBR current setups
The Bushnell was originally put on as a joke but it holds up well to the recoil, it's a fairly old model with crystal clear glass, and it's a fixed 4x on a $1000 piston driven upper. So....you know... anachronism.
PXL_20231220_233709973.jpgPXL_20231220_233719621.jpgPXL_20231220_233904127.jpgPXL_20231220_233856223.jpg

I am mostly a Vortex or Leupold guy. Vortex mostly, I do have 3 odd balls in the safe though. 1 (new academy) Redfield 2-7 on a 22, 1 Weaver 3-9 on a vintage winchester 243 and 1 Nikon prostaff rimfire 3-9 on my Browning T bolt. I would replace that nikon but the damn thing just works on that rifle.

I had to install some mounts today so while everything was out, you can at least see my two SBR current setups
The Bushnell was originally put on as a joke but it holds up well to the recoil, it's a fairly old model with crystal clear glass, and it's a fixed 4x on a $1000 piston driven upper. So....you know... anachronism.
View attachment 209

That Bushnell doubles as a mirror to shave in the field :oops:

That Bushnell doubles as a mirror to shave in the field :oops:
It took a lot of Goof Off to get the "EVIDENCE" decal off of it. It inadvertently polished the shit out of it. I was gonna get some black athletic wrap the next time I had a few bucks at Academy

It took a lot of Goof Off to get the "EVIDENCE" decal off of it. It inadvertently polished the shit out of it. I was gonna get some black athletic wrap the next time I had a few bucks at Academy
If your around Guthrie I’ll give you some to cove that up.

I was supposed to go hit the range and try out my new Primary Arms ACSS Nova Reticuled LPVO, which seems pretty awesome for the price. But I had too much last minute Christmas shit to do.
IMG_3140.jpegIMG_3147.jpeg

On magnified optics I tend to gravitate towards Primary Arms and lower end Leupold. I have higher end leupold and nightforce tastes, but not the budget at the moment, and what I have works well for me.
I do have a Burris scout scope on my cowboy assault rifle that I like.

I was supposed to go hit the range and try out my new Primary Arms ACSS Nova Reticuled LPVO, which seems pretty awesome for the price. But I had too much last minute Christmas shit to do.
View attachment 275View attachment 276

On magnified optics I tend to gravitate towards Primary Arms and lower end Leupold. I have higher end leupold and nightforce tastes, but not the budget at the moment, and what I have works well for me.
I do have a Burris scout scope on my cowboy assault rifle that I like.
My brother in law runs a lot of PA optics. I considered a lvpo from them but stumbled into a deal on a Vortex gen 1 strike eagle 1-6 and like it well enough. Probably going to send it back and get the rear glass replaced if they can cause the coating has a imperfection in it.

My brother in law runs a lot of PA optics. I considered a lvpo from them but stumbled into a deal on a Vortex gen 1 strike eagle 1-6 and like it well enough. Probably going to send it back and get the rear glass replaced if they can cause the coating has an imperfection in it.
I did a lot of comparing before buying, and I would say that this lvpo is about comparable to the vortex viper pst, maybe between the pst and strike eagle. Better than the comparable sig or Burris. I was really choosing between the Burris RT6 or whatever, the strike eagle 1-6, and this PA scope.

What really sold me though was the simple reticule and the fiber optic illumination. Brightest illuminated reticule I have ever laid my eyes on, period. Killer deal for 299 or whatever I paid for it.

My only complaint is that it doesn’t have off detents between each brightness setting or a readily available ARD.

I have a mixture of Leupold, EoTech, Sig and Vortex sights/scopes. At one time I had some pretty high-dollar optics...not any more. My guns are just for fun these days...for the most part.

I did a lot of comparing before buying, and I would say that this lvpo is about comparable to the vortex viper pst, maybe between the pst and strike eagle. Better than the comparable sig or Burris. I was really choosing between the Burris RT6 or whatever, the strike eagle 1-6, and this PA scope.

What really sold me though was the simple reticule and the fiber optic illumination. Brightest illuminated reticule I have ever laid my eyes on, period. Killer deal for 299 or whatever I paid for it.

My only complaint is that it doesn’t have off detents between each brightness setting or a readily available ARD.
I have 3 AR’s, a 11.5” sbr, 13.7” A2 carry handle iron sights and a 18” SPR style. I was set up with a PA 1x micro prism on the SBR and the strike eagle on what was my 13.9” until it blew up and was rebuilt to 18”. Now I’m debating a 4-16x42 or the strike eagle on it. I tossed the 1-6 on the SBR and have been digging it.

IMG_2631.jpeg

i got a sig tango 4 LPVO on my 18” AR. I’m loving it.

I have optics I acquired for specific applications, some I inherited, some because they were inexpensive and still have a list of glass I want to try. I’ve thought about having a couple of old Weavers from my dads seventy year old builds sent off to be refurbished, but I probably won’t even hunt those rifles anymore. No sense in them not being ready to roll though.

I still think strongly in MOA, but I’m trying to learn Mils for things I still want to do. I appreciate nice glass, but just can’t affford it for everything. I picked up an Arken SH4-16 Gen 2 from a guy here while back. Is it the Holy Grail? Hell no, but it’s a dang nice highly useable optic. I would love to have Leupy Mk 5 on everything I own, but unless the lottery gets it’s poop in a group that ain’t going to happen. The fact that Arken lets me put six or seven players in the game for the price of the Leupold is monumental. I still like SFP for hunting optics and am learning to utilize FFP for the surgical side of things.

I have Nikon, Leupold, Weaver, Vortex, Arken, Athlon, Burris and even some nice old Redfield from before their sorrows. I know I left some out.