What's new

What Optic’s are on your rifle’s.

Went 1-6 this time on the Rossi. Really don't need a "ton" for this caliber or what I'm setting it up for. Shit, the thing may live on 1x it's whole life after load development.
1705689125001.png

Went 1-6 this time on the Rossi. Really don't need a "ton" for this caliber or what I'm setting it up for. Shit, the thing may live on 1x it's whole life after load development.

You keep your fucking Krylon away from Pedro!

LOL I never got spray painting every rifle myself. I have two cerekoted rifles and thats it.

On a side not I like the idea of 1-6, I originally had a 1.75-5 on my 20" 30-30 but opted for a 2-7 gloss leupold for a matching.

I want a 45-70 Gloss with Wood one of these days. a Glossy Leupold will probably go on it. That is a gorgeous look

There is magic in optics which I do not understand, therefore they are evil!

I have a Matte 2.5-8x36 that I’m debating putting on my 16” but if I can get it zeroed with a peep sight at 25 then with my reloads it’s on out to 130 before it starts dropping off so I think I’ll keep it peep’d

Oh, I got a few scopes, none over 10X, and I have couple night vision capable Eo-Techs. But for general day time shooting of targets and critters I have always used iron sights. They almost never get knocked out of zero, they don't need batteries, and they never drift. When I shot lots of Prairie Dogs I had optics. In 3-gun matches and IPSC rifle matches I have always shoot in the limited division, although I have shot irons in tactical. One large match I went to shoot, the entire limited division was chalk full of newer shooters so I had them switch me over to the optics division and ended up 3rd over All in that division using my iron sights. There is a great sense of personal pride in taking an iron sight rifle and whipping up on the scope guys.
As for rests and bipod/tripods etc. I'm not opposed to them at all, but I have found that way too many people can't shoot very well without them. I couldn't even begin to count the amount of critters that have walked off while people try to get ready and steady to shoot when all they had to do was just shoulder the rifle and press the trigger. Most people don't understand that with a little practice iron sights can deliver astonishing accuracy. I can usually hold MOA out to 400 or so. Optics help in seeing but not the shooting. I will also leave you with this, and I know many of you won't believe it but, nothing beats iron sights up close lets say out to 25 yards or so for speed and accuracy. No red dot, no optic, no nothing.

I’m currently on the search for an economical night vision scope. I’d like to stay under $500. Anybody have any suggestions? I’m considering the Sightmark Wraith HD Night Vision scope. It seems to have pretty good reviews for the price. I’ll be using it mostly for occasional hog hunting. Up until this point, I’ve used green floodlights on a feeder, but I realized tonight that my eyes aren’t as good as they used to be.

I’m currently on the search for an economical night vision scope. I’d like to stay under $500. Anybody have any suggestions? I’m considering the Sightmark Wraith HD Night Vision scope. It seems to have pretty good reviews for the price. I’ll be using it mostly for occasional hog hunting. Up until this point, I’ve used green floodlights on a feeder, but I realized tonight that my eyes aren’t as good as they used to be.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of trying the Arken option. Its new to the name here in the US but my understanding is it’s been available in the UK with their name on it and even before it had their name it was available over there under a different name. I’m in no hurry though so there’s plenty of time for reviews.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of trying the Arken option. Its new to the name here in the US but my understanding is it’s been available in the UK with their name on it and even before it had their name it was available over there under a different name. I’m in no hurry though so there’s plenty of time for reviews.

The longer you wait the more expensive they’ll get.

They’re like a Canik.

I’ve been in overthinking mode for a long time now. My nephew picked up the Wraith mini thermal and is very pleased with it. They were down to 1400 recently, but I just know they’re dropping something at SHOT so I choked on the deal. Those Arkens look great, but the eye relief is really non-existent. Long story but I already have one eyebrow that doesn’t grow right. The pigs are becoming more than a nuisance at the farm and I have to get off of high center myself. Waiting for info to trickle out over the next month.