What's new

What Optic’s are on your rifle’s.

I’ve been in overthinking mode for a long time now. My nephew picked up the Wraith mini thermal and is very pleased with it. They were down to 1400 recently, but I just know they’re dropping something at SHOT so I choked on the deal. Those Arkens look great, but the eye relief is really non-existent. Long story but I already have one eyebrow that doesn’t grow right. The pigs are becoming more than a nuisance at the farm and I have to get off of high center myself. Waiting for info to trickle out over the next month.
It’s hard for me to justify spending $1500 - $2000 on something that I will not use very often. The pigs around my place are getting out of control as well. I know that they will disappear for awhile after I eliminate a few of them, and it might be a year or two before they start showing back up on a regular basis. It’s not an easy decision.

It’s hard for me to justify spending $1500 - $2000 on something that I will not use very often. The pigs around my place are getting out of control as well. I know that they will disappear for awhile after I eliminate a few of them, and it might be a year or two before they start showing back up on a regular basis. It’s not an easy decision.
Check out sig whiskey4 at cabelas and bass pro 500 and it’s good glass and tracks great. IMO. It’s hard to compare that to a nightforce or razor. I dont think you will be disappointed.

Last edited:
There is another option. Like I stated in my post, I got plenty of night vision and suppressed rifles if you just wanna scare them away for a while.

The Wraith mini thermal is probably the best entry thermal out there. Not just for pigs, coyotes too. It’s also good as a pocket thermal. Any of the low light devices are a complete waste of money.

The Wraith mini thermal is probably the best entry thermal out there. Not just for pigs, coyotes too. It’s also good as a pocket thermal. Any of the low light devices are a complete waste of money.
I have one of those on my list. You know if their Military / Law Enforcement / Government Discount Program is worth sending my PII in for?

I have one of those on my list. You know if their Military / Law Enforcement / Government Discount Program is worth sending my PII in for?
They used to be, but I haven't dealt with them in awhile. Now, There are way better thermals out there, but for $2k, you won't find one.

They used to be, but I haven't dealt with them in awhile. Now, There are way better thermals out there, but for $2k, you won't find one.
Thoughts on the new Holosuns? Did you check them out at SHOT @JEVapa ?

I recently started switching from Arken to PA and I am pretty satisfied so far. I think they are built better at first glance. I only have 40 rounds through this but I like it. This is the SLx 5-25 x 56 BPR Athena.

1707147499924.png

Thoughts on the new Holosuns? Did you check them out at SHOT @JEVapa ?
Holosuns are pretty good but they are full on Chicom sights. I looked at their little thermal reflex last year, and just like the Flir one from 10 years ago...it's neat and a POS all at the same time. I wouldn't waste my money. Their dot sights are getting spendy too. I don't think I can pay $300-$400 for one. Just can't bring myself to it.

Just got my first Leupold. Vx freedom 3-9 rimfire for my T-Bolt. It's more accurate than I thought it was going to be. Very impressed with it. Bought this rifle as a host for my sparrow that's still in nfa jail.

Attachments

• KIMG20240327_195327116~2.JPG
    KIMG20240327_195327116~2.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 10