What's new

Yall want a men’s health section?

Yeah, you’re right. I guess you could say I just have a window where I allow my insulin to spike and process food/calories. To ensure I’m still getting my calories and nutrition gotta stretch it out over an hour or three. I’ve been averaging 21 or 22 hours fasting. I think next month I’ll do my first 72 hour water fast, and try to do one each month. Twice a year I plan on a 7-10 day water fast.

Def keep us updated on where you’re at before and after the Super Bowl.
It would be very strict intermittent fasting. But usually that’s like skipping breakfast and waiting to eat lunch. I’d consider it omad or a hybrid.

I’ve fallen off the wagon. My wife is not a fan of the no carb/ no vegetable diet and has a hard time making me meat only meals (and she won’t not cook for me). She also makes home milled/ homemade sourdough regularly and I’m required to eat it (I’m a martyr, I know). It doesn’t help that she can eat whatever she wants and is still going to be 120 pounds, and she is adamant that she’d rather me have a belly than potentially lose any muscle along with the fat. Once the kids are a little older I think she’ll pretty much have all the contents of our meals sourced from home so at that point the carnivore diet won’t be necessary except for at work, since there won’t be any of the bad ingredients (other than organic sugar in the desserts she makes). But we are a ways off from having time for that for both growing/raising and cooking all of our food.

There’re are a lot of great products you can buy that is zero sugar. The had part is staying away carbs. You can find foods with low or 0 carbs but they don’t tast the same. its like learning to like foods all over again.

There’re are a lot of great products you can buy that is zero sugar. The had part is staying away carbs. You can find foods with low or 0 carbs but they don’t tast the same. its like learning to like foods all over again.
I stay away from the 0 sugar stuff, unless it’s stevia or another naturally derived product with minimal processing. There’s just too many unknowns with the “synthetic” (if you can call them that) sweeteners.

Well fellas, how's everyone doing with their diets and working out? Progress being made?

I have stalled out at 20lbs down for the past 2.5 weeks. 2 inches off my waist, still feeling really good at the gym, although I'm trying to find a happy medium. Some weeks I way overdo it and am too sore to continue good workouts and have to take it easy the rest of the week. The rest of the time I take it a little too easy and don't get sore.

I'm not super worried about all that at the moment though, I am just staying focused on staying on the diet and staying strong. The stress and work associated with finishing our current home, buying the next home, and selling the old home while working and trying not to fail school is enough work as it is, and I'll just work on making weight loss progress after we finish this housing nightmare.

Well fellas, how's everyone doing with their diets and working out? Progress being made?

I have stalled out at 20lbs down for the past 2.5 weeks. 2 inches off my waist, still feeling really good at the gym, although I'm trying to find a happy medium. Some weeks I way overdo it and am too sore to continue good workouts and have to take it easy the rest of the week. The rest of the time I take it a little too easy and don't get sore.

I'm not super worried about all that at the moment though, I am just staying focused on staying on the diet and staying strong. The stress and work associated with finishing our current home, buying the next home, and selling the old home while working and trying not to fail school is enough work as it is, and I'll just work on making weight loss progress after we finish this housing nightmare.

Haven’t updated this in awhile…. Forgot to update before and after when the Super Bowl happened but On February 26th I was at 52lbs lost since starting this on September 30th, 2023. No idea how much waist I have lost but I know it’s several sizes. Put my golf shorts on last week and they fell right off, had to cinch a belt down to keep them up. Very pleased with my results. I have been doing OMAD for two weeks now and last week I did a 48hr fast. I will hopefully weigh this weekend and see how much more weight I have lost.

I’m getting close to needing to order new FR work clothes. My current stuff fits so loose it’s getting kind of uncomfortable but I just hate buying new clothes.

I have just been maintaining. Need to get into the gym or start climbing towers more. 300 and 400 ft straight up.

I’ve been hitting the gym 4-5 days and slugging down protein.
I’m sore from head to toe,but I actually enjoy being moderately sore .

I’ve been hitting the gym 4-5 days and slugging down protein.
I’m sore from head to toe,but I actually enjoy being moderately sore .
It’s a great feeling, but for example the other day I was so sore from squats that I could barely walk or sit down for 4 days. Also, I think I pulled my taint. I don’t mind being sore or stiff, but incapacitated for 3+ days is a little much for me.

It’s a great feeling, but for example the other day I was so sore from squats that I could barely walk or sit down for 4 days. Also, I think I pulled my taint. I don’t mind being sore or stiff, but incapacitated for 3+ days is a little much for me.
I injured my knee and rotator cuff the first week,so I spent the first month being very careful.
I’m debating on doing heavy squats with my disk issues.

I was doing pretty good before Christmas when we were all in commieland having fun challenging the meateater thread and pissmaster was trying to fat shame everyone because he's a malnourished alcoholic. I actually got down to 240 and was throwing iron around, but since Shot, I've been slacking and going downhill. The wife is on a kick making bread and shit and it's too good.

Anyway, I started back up a couple week ago and trying to get on the same kinda schedule as before. I like corn tortillas and beer too much so I'll have to figure something out.

Got sidelined all of December, part of January. Did the Arkansas RNG a few weeks ago and my ALICE belt was a tad snug. For the last two weeks I've been eating less, working out more, did 8.25 of brutal hills yesterday. My ALICE belt isn't snug anymore. Amazing how that works!

I was doing pretty good before Christmas when we were all in commieland having fun challenging the meateater thread and pissmaster was trying to fat shame everyone because he's a malnourished alcoholic. I actually got down to 240 and was throwing iron around, but since Shot, I've been slacking and going downhill. The wife is on a kick making bread and shit and it's too good.

Anyway, I started back up a couple week ago and trying to get on the same kinda schedule as before. I like corn tortillas and beer too much so I'll have to figure something out.
My wife is all about bread making too, and anything else that she can make with flour. It’s too good to turn down, and not really bad for you… just bad for trying to drop weight.

My wife is all about bread making too, and anything else that she can make with flour. It’s too good to turn down, and not really bad for you… just bad for trying to drop weight.
If you or @JEVapa ever want to get rid of your wives, let me know. I’ve got one that I’ll trade. She doesn’t bake shit. I’d possibly kill a mother fucker for some fresh baked bread.

It’s pretty bad for you.

It’s pretty bad for you.
Organic wheat berries fresh ground and made with a sourdough starter aren’t. Nothing bad in it at all. Just not going to lose weight while eating it.

24hr fast is done. Let’s keep this going to 48hrs….
ac7e86fd8c6a6953b686cc0e7b9a8900.gif